Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Pre facelift sports seats

"M" Specific discussion
olsonn

Post by olsonn » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:13 pm

Has anybody on here fitted a seat emulator to their pre facelift Sports seats. I have been trying to source an emulator for my Sport/M seats to solve a problem with the airbag light displaying because of a problem with the occupancy mat.
7A0172E3-EFDE-4987-AED9-4D56EB64B232.jpeg
7A0172E3-EFDE-4987-AED9-4D56EB64B232.jpeg (112.64 KiB) Viewed 242 times

DMike

Post by DMike » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:02 am

Hi, nice looking seats you have, looks like new! Never installed one of those dongles myself, but there are a number of earlier threads where members have done this. Despite using the same block connector, the occupancy sensor electronics are different for pre and post facelift, so you would need a dongle that fits you car. Just ensure that the dongle cheats the car to believe that the seat is occupied so the airbag will deploy in an accident. There have been debates on wether one should use a dongle or replace the mat, which is doable. Remember some threads describing the process and TIS has also full instructions. Did it myself when I replaced my pre facelift sport seats with post facelift M-sport seats and if I were to do it again, would invest in proper pliers for the hog rings holding the leather.
2005 Z4 3.0i Sterling grey