Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Sports Mode ON at startup Mod (2024 update)

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
leonjudge1974

Sports Mode ON at startup Mod

Post by leonjudge1974 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:46 pm

IAmOrion wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:47 pm I’m afraid due to the costs of the plugs needed I have stopped producing these as I would need to buy the components in bulk and it’s sadly not feasible
I am interested in the sport button mod. If you are no longer intending to produce them would you be willing to share the circuit diagram so that it could be carried out DIY - without the plug and play connectors? Would happily agree to NDA, I am only interested in making one for myself.. ta

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:22 pm

leonjudge1974 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:46 pm
IAmOrion wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:47 pm I’m afraid due to the costs of the plugs needed I have stopped producing these as I would need to buy the components in bulk and it’s sadly not feasible
I am interested in the sport button mod. If you are no longer intending to produce them would you be willing to share the circuit diagram so that it could be carried out DIY - without the plug and play connectors? Would happily agree to NDA, I am only interested in making one for myself.. ta
PM me, I think I have one left!
NO LONGER OWN A Z4 SO NOT AS ACTIVE HERE ANYMORE (IF AT ALL).
I STILL OFFER FREE CARLY CODING & EWS KEY/TRANSPONDER CODING AT MY HOME
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Z4DIYCustomMods/

leonjudge1974

Post by leonjudge1974 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:40 pm

Can't seem to find how to PM you? Can you PM me and I can hopefully reply? Thanks

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:47 pm

leonjudge1974 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:40 pm posting.php?mode=quote&p=1940391
I think actually you require a minimum of 3 posts to be able to PM.
I shall send you a message now
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:57 pm

… I’ve had a handful of enquiries about this mod in the last week or so, so thought I’d make a quick comment about them…

I can still make these IF you’re happy to hard wire (you could use splice T connectors) OR want to source the plugs yourself. The plugs are the only reason I stopped as sourcing them is a pain and expensive once you include delivery etc.

So, if you’d like one, get in touch. £10 deduction for no plugs, so only £45 delivered with “pigtail” wiring (but no plugs, just to reiterate)
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

Validwarlord

Post by Validwarlord » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:41 pm

Good Evening

Not sure if this post is still relevant but if it is would you have one of these for a E89 Z4?

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:06 pm

Validwarlord wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:41 pm Good Evening

Not sure if this post is still relevant but if it is would you have one of these for a E89 Z4?
Unfortunately I do not have such a thing for the E89
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

Validwarlord

Post by Validwarlord » Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:10 pm

Hi

Thank you for the reply a shame but hey :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Scott Naylor

Post by Scott Naylor » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:29 am

Hi there hopefully you're still doing this.

I picked this up from Joel, he showed a discount code JOEL40. I'd appreciate a quick purchase of this, just what I want to complete my list!!

Cheers

Scott
IAmOrion wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:39 am Hello! Another random project I've now completed...

Fed up of turning on Sport Mode every time?? Then this mod is for you 8)

The “marmite/pointless” mod is now finished - PCBs fabricated and delivered (I’ve already made one to photo and test)

The bare PCB is barely bigger than a £0.50 pence piece. Completely plug and play, 5mins (if that) to install 😁

Functions:

a) On at startup -> as it implies, this turns the sports button on with the ignition/engine. Button still operates as normal

b) Forced On -> automatically turns on sports mode with ignition/engine. Button is technically useless - if you turn sports mode off it will instantly turn back on

c) Remember state -> This mode remembers the last state of the button. If sports mode was on when you switch off the car, it will automatically turn it back on next time you turn on ignition/start the car. If sports mode was off when turning off the car, it will remain off next time you start the car.

The options above are user selectable via a slide switch. You can change it to best suit your needs or preference.
See my demo video below for more info

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

Installation Video:

Demo Video:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally I think (a) or (b) will be the most commonly used options. I don’t see much point in (c) myself however a few people asked if it could be possible

Will make an installation and demo video at the weekend 👍

Price: £55 delivered in the UK
£50 collected from Cambridge.
International postage would need to be calculated per request.

Note:

This is a "marmite" mod - to some, it's awesome (20+ people asked me to look into this), but for the majority it's lazy and pointless (apparently). However, there clearly is some demand for it. Especially useful for Track Z4s

Please lets not get caught up in "what's the point" discussions, I'm already well aware 85% think it's pointless, but the 15% that asked me about it and want is - here it is :)

Early demo video: (Proto-type)

Finished PCB design, easy and quick install - plug and play

IMG_0094.jpeg

IMG_0095.jpeg

IMG_0096.jpeg
BMW Z4 2007 facelift 2.5Si

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:39 am

Scott Naylor wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:29 am Hi there hopefully you're still doing this.

I picked this up from Joel, he showed a discount code JOEL40. I'd appreciate a quick purchase of this, just what I want to complete my list!!

Cheers

Scott
Hi Scott, I've since sold my Z4 and no longer "in the BMW Scene" - I've moved on to Audi's now (Audi TTS).

I'll see if I've got any boards and connectors left to make one and PM you some point tomorrow evening (If I forget, do chase me up tomorrow night ha)
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

Scott Naylor

Post by Scott Naylor » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:42 am

Thank you. I've been programming with the Carly and found this isn't included in the coding, I was hoping it was! Lots of other useful things done like security locking as soon as key in ignition and turned, passenger door locked, roof down (and up) on remote, - although found there is no programming to shortcut the very long delay of the windows up on roof down, and the windows are down on shutting the roof which mesns having to close windows myself manually as it were. I just like things to be set once I am in the csr so your board with connectors would be just the ticket

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:19 pm

Scott Naylor wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:42 am Thank you. I've been programming with the Carly and found this isn't included in the coding, I was hoping it was! Lots of other useful things done like security locking as soon as key in ignition and turned, passenger door locked, roof down (and up) on remote, - although found there is no programming to shortcut the very long delay of the windows up on roof down, and the windows are down on shutting the roof which mesns having to close windows myself manually as it were. I just like things to be set once I am in the csr so your board with connectors would be just the ticket
I’ll PM you now :thumbsup:
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:17 pm

Scott Naylor wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:42 am Thank you. I've been programming with the Carly and found this isn't included in the coding, I was hoping it was! Lots of other useful things done like security locking as soon as key in ignition and turned, passenger door locked, roof down (and up) on remote, - although found there is no programming to shortcut the very long delay of the windows up on roof down, and the windows are down on shutting the roof which mesns having to close windows myself manually as it were. I just like things to be set once I am in the csr so your board with connectors would be just the ticket
Hi Scott, did you receive my PM ?
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:42 pm

The brief revival of this post has sparked some new PMs - so to update anyone else reading this thread:

I currently have 8 sets of plugs left meaning I can make 8 of these to sell if anyone is interested.

A few have enquired requesting one (some gone awol ha) - but until payment is received & confirmed then they're still available.

At the time of writing this post that means all 8 are still up for grabs. I will update this post accordingly as payments are received :thumbsup:

BE SURE TO CHECK 1st POST OF THIS THREAD FOR AVAILABILITY UPDATES
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

Scott Naylor

Post by Scott Naylor » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:32 am

Hi there,sorry,for some reason I don't have get notications of messages (any more). Please use my mobile number to communicate, far easier!

The last message I recall was your asking me for my address to send out the module and you'd have to successfully made up, and the cost is £40 as agreed!

So please advise of bank account detaills so I can pay you and you can kindly send me the lifesaver module, and save me from always having to press 'that button' every time I crank the glorious engine!

My mobile if I didn't know give it to you now before is xxxxx xxxxxx

Thanks again, and await your response WhatsApp message if that's OK alright. I also use Signal if you want to prefer, they're both encrypted the same!

Cheers.

Scott
Last edited by Scott Naylor on Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:12 am, edited 2 times in total.