Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Roof motor- definitive list and prices

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
RGZ4M

Post by RGZ4M » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:51 am

Thanks for responding,

Will give you a buzz between 1.30 and 2.30 if that's convenient.

Speak soon!

Rich

bugsy69

Post by bugsy69 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:27 pm

Hi,
I see this is an old thread but I am also looking for someone who could re locate my roof motor (E85). At the moment it doesn't function but the motor does still make a noise and was sluggish for quite a while so I think it might just need hydraulic fluid.....perhaps? Might be a good time to check and also relocate before the Summer :-) I'm in Berkshire so anywhere I can travel to reasonably would be great, otherwise may travel much further afield. :-)

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:10 pm

bugsy69 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:27 pm Hi,
I see this is an old thread but I am also looking for someone who could re locate my roof motor (E85). At the moment it doesn't function but the motor does still make a noise and was sluggish for quite a while so I think it might just need hydraulic fluid.....perhaps? Might be a good time to check and also relocate before the Summer :-) I'm in Berkshire so anywhere I can travel to reasonably would be great, otherwise may travel much further afield. :-)
Welcome to the forum.
You have the choices of RBM at Hook, bigwinn in Lincoln, Number5 in Bristol, and me in Norfolk.
There are others but further away.
If I've missed anyone my apologies.
If you had a fluid leak I would think it would fail pretty quick as they fire the fluid out fast.
The fact it was sluggish for a while would possibly suggest a failing hydraulic pump. Did it move better one way than the other?
Anyway, several choices and sources for parts should you need them. :thumbsup:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

bugsy69

Post by bugsy69 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:23 pm

Thanks for the response, that's really helpful! It closes better than opening. I used to give it a hand, literally over my head and it would engage but then it wouldn't quite engage properly. Now it makes a noise but won't go back other than releasing the mechanism. Hook is close to me and Bristol Isn't too far. I looked but couldn't contact anyone, not sure if it's because I'm a new member? Is there a way to get contact numbers? Been a while since I was in Norfolk, used to go there every Month! Thanks.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:46 pm

bugsy69 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:23 pm Thanks for the response, that's really helpful! It closes better than opening. I used to give it a hand, literally over my head and it would engage but then it wouldn't quite engage properly. Now it makes a noise but won't go back other than releasing the mechanism. Hook is close to me and Bristol Isn't too far. I looked but couldn't contact anyone, not sure if it's because I'm a new member? Is there a way to get contact numbers? Been a while since I was in Norfolk, used to go there every Month! Thanks.
Once you have 3 posts you can pm people, so if you just reply to say how amazingly nice and helpful I am, then you'll get your three. :D
The one's I've highlighted in bold will have received notification from that.
RBM are a business but very well thought of on here. You should be able to look them up.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

bugsy69

Post by bugsy69 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:04 pm

Totally agree what an amazing and helpful guy you are :D ...........and you are.

Thanks will take a look.

Number5
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Number5 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:52 am

bugsy69 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:23 pm …..I looked but couldn't contact anyone, not sure if it's because I'm a new member? Is there a way to get contact numbers?
Here are all the details if you want to get hold of me
https://www.gumtree.com/p/car-part-acce ... 1378076429

Alan
Alpina Roadster #307
Porsche Boxster GTS
Previous Zs
Stratus E86
G29 30i
1x Imola Z4MR
Alpina #019
10x E85 Se/Si Roadsters
2x E89's
Roof Motor Relocations (Bristol)

bugsy69

Post by bugsy69 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:25 pm

Thanks Alan!

Turns out my Son's friend (ex BMW engineer) will do it and lives in Newbury but appreciate the advice on here.

BMUU

Post by BMUU » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:57 pm

Hi enuf zed / just signed up on the forum to see where you are in Norfolk I’m in Sudbury Suffolk but come up to Yarmouth once a month for work
My Zed’s roof has just stopped working
haven’t been driving her much lately and today the roof action was dead
Checked the parcel shelf was seated down
No sounds from the motor just the latches opening
Also couldn’t push the roof manually down even with the red pull switch out to disengage the hydraulics
Not sure if there is a blockage on the hydraulics
Did this once before and Had no issues with it before that no warning signs. Is it the motor do you reckon? Cheers

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:29 pm

BMUU wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:57 pm Hi enuf zed / just signed up on the forum to see where you are in Norfolk I’m in Sudbury Suffolk but come up to Yarmouth once a month for work
My Zed’s roof has just stopped working
haven’t been driving her much lately and today the roof action was dead
Checked the parcel shelf was seated down
No sounds from the motor just the latches opening
Also couldn’t push the roof manually down even with the red pull switch out to disengage the hydraulics
Not sure if there is a blockage on the hydraulics
Did this once before and Had no issues with it before that no warning signs. Is it the motor do you reckon? Cheers
Hi there. Certainly sounds like a dead motor. Let me know when you’re up this way or can come over and we can get it sorted for you.

BMUU

Post by BMUU » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:21 pm

Hi zed
That’s great thanks - is likely to be in 3 weeks probably on a Wednesday- would 10th may possibly work?
Will confirm with you nearer the time
Are you near Yarmouth ?
Cheers

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:31 am

BMUU wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:21 pm Hi zed
That’s great thanks - is likely to be in 3 weeks probably on a Wednesday- would 10th may possibly work?
Will confirm with you nearer the time
Are you near Yarmouth ?
Cheers
Nowhere near Yarmouth really. Attleborough on the A11 by Snetterton race circuit. It’s not a five minute job either. I think a specific trip may be easier if you can fit that in. 43 miles up through BSE and Thetford.

Just sent you a PM with my contact details.

In the meantime, do not try to force it open manually as you run the risk of bursting a pipe.
The fact it won't move is a good sign that the fluid lines are all still intact and creating a hydraulic lock at least.

l354uge

Post by l354uge » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:14 pm

Hi, could you PM me you're details aswell?

Just picked up a z4 with a non-functioning roof

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:05 am

l354uge wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:14 pm Hi, could you PM me you're details aswell?

Just picked up a z4 with a non-functioning roof
Hi. Whereabouts are you? No point coming to me if there’s someone closer

l354uge

Post by l354uge » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:59 am

Hi, Hinckley Leicestershire