Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Eibach lowering springs

True-Blue
Lifer
Lifer

Eibach lowering springs

Post by True-Blue » Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:16 pm

FWIW, I’ve gone from 18’s with runflats on adaptive suspension, to 19’s with PS4S and the B12 Kit and it’s massively better in every respect with the new set up.

I’ve had the B12 kit on an E85 also, but I think it’s better on the E89, giving a more supple ride, because the E89 has a much stiffer shell than the E85 to start with.
Alpina Roadster S Lux no. 204 (1 of 15 uk cars in Alpina Blue)

Previous Z4’s :E89 30i, E89 20i, E85 3.0Si (X4) E85 3.0i, E86 3.0 Si, E85 2.5si, E85 2.5i

KryStallone

Eibach lowering springs

Post by KryStallone » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:21 pm

warmasice wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:50 pm
KryStallone wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:58 pm
warmasice wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:28 pm
For sure, the run flats were very darty and immediate, with lots of tramlining, but those Bridgestones are terrible. Only realised when I moved over to Goodyear non rfts. Amazing comfort and loads of grip. Lowering the car helped reduce body roll too which brings back a little more sportiness. Adding wheel spacers and decent wheel alignment and it's a completely different car. Love it now. (I was on the verge of selling the car with 19s and RFTs.. was falling out of love with it.. but now it's an absolute keeper!).

Mines a 20i and has a number of options I just couldn't find in a 28i. It's remapped to beyond 28i power anyway. I really wanted one in mineral white (really catches the light) with a few bells and whistles.
Interestingly enough I was told by my mechanic today that springs alone may make the car feel a bit bouncy?? and was suggested coilovers which I certainly can’t afford right now.

So from your experience only springs and spacers are not bouncy at all?
and you are 100% happy with the mods? (I also have run flats)

Are you on 19’s with M sport adaptive suspension? which is my spec albeit a 28i.
No rubbing on arches or any of that stuff?

As for the Eibach Pro-Kit Performance Spring Kit E10-20-019-01-22 their site says:

All spring lowering amounts are measured off the Standard chassis, this would not include models such as sports, Sline and Msports for example which may come lower from factory, you will need to take that measurement off of our measurement to give you an approximate drop.

So am I right to assume the drop 25mm - 10mm = 15mm front; and 15mm - 10mm = 5mm at rear. Is this the drop you achieved?

For spacers, Eibach site shows 12mm and 15mm, so I'll look at this.

Could be a nice mod on my tiny budget so appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

Did I notice in another post you got a remap done at Evolve? Luton? They are on my list of potential tuners as relatively local. Would you recommend? Was you pleased with final road set up after tune? (Trying not to change the topic like I did in Mineral v Alpine 😏

Thanks for the advice so far 👍
My car is an Msport with Msport suspension, so the stock dampers are matched very nicely with the Eibachs. The ride isn't bouncy at all, I'd go as far as saying it improved the ride, since they're what you call progressive springs. The drop makes the car look OEM+. I wouldn't bother with coilovers for our needs. Certainly don't get them because the ride will be bouncy, because it absolutely won't!

The Eibach spacers are what you call hub- centric and are the correct diameter (others are smaller so the full face of the back of the wheel doesn't meet face to face. May cost more but are definitely worth it.

I purchased the Goodyear tyres because they've always traditionally had compliant rides with a great blend of dry and wet grip. Always been well priced for premium tyres (although now tyre prices have increased considerably no matter what size you get). They've also got a more rounded profile, so no issues with any rubbing at all.

Yes, had the car tuned at Evolve. Highly recommended. Transformed the car. Car feels so much more alive and you can really feel the power difference. Especially at dual carriageway speeds where it really comes into its own.

Here's a few pics I took low down for you can get an idea of arch gap (with spacers fitted):

20210722_121334.jpg
20210722_121327.jpg
Thanks Warm, really helpful, I'm sold. Will let you know how I get on!
Great looking Z!!

KryStallone

Eibach lowering springs

Post by KryStallone » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:23 pm

tiglon wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:31 pm
KryStallone wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:03 am
tiglon wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:35 pm I've got Eibach with the adaptive dampers. Works fine, if anything a bit more comfortable. Does it drive any better? Maybe a little, but it's probably just a placebo...

Couldn't tell you how much lower it is, but it does look better (in a sensible OEM+ kind of way) and I've had zero issues with rubbing etc... you do need to be even more gentle over speed bumps though.
Appreciate that feedback Tiglon!! Does the Comfort v Sport settings still function ok?
Yeah, still works exactly as it should.
GTK! Thanks.

KryStallone

Eibach lowering springs

Post by KryStallone » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:24 pm

True-Blue wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:16 pm FWIW, I’ve gone from 18’s with runflats on adaptive suspension, to 19’s with PS4S and the B12 Kit and it’s massively better in every respect with the new set up.

I’ve had the B12 kit on an E85 also, but I think it’s better on the E89, giving a more supple ride, because the E89 has a much stiffer shell than the E85 to start with.
Thanks ! GTK when I can afford it :)

KryStallone

Eibach lowering springs

Post by KryStallone » Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:12 pm

warmasice wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:50 pm
KryStallone wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:58 pm
warmasice wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:28 pm
For sure, the run flats were very darty and immediate, with lots of tramlining, but those Bridgestones are terrible. Only realised when I moved over to Goodyear non rfts. Amazing comfort and loads of grip. Lowering the car helped reduce body roll too which brings back a little more sportiness. Adding wheel spacers and decent wheel alignment and it's a completely different car. Love it now. (I was on the verge of selling the car with 19s and RFTs.. was falling out of love with it.. but now it's an absolute keeper!).

Mines a 20i and has a number of options I just couldn't find in a 28i. It's remapped to beyond 28i power anyway. I really wanted one in mineral white (really catches the light) with a few bells and whistles.
Interestingly enough I was told by my mechanic today that springs alone may make the car feel a bit bouncy?? and was suggested coilovers which I certainly can’t afford right now.

So from your experience only springs and spacers are not bouncy at all?
and you are 100% happy with the mods? (I also have run flats)

Are you on 19’s with M sport adaptive suspension? which is my spec albeit a 28i.
No rubbing on arches or any of that stuff?

As for the Eibach Pro-Kit Performance Spring Kit E10-20-019-01-22 their site says:

All spring lowering amounts are measured off the Standard chassis, this would not include models such as sports, Sline and Msports for example which may come lower from factory, you will need to take that measurement off of our measurement to give you an approximate drop.

So am I right to assume the drop 25mm - 10mm = 15mm front; and 15mm - 10mm = 5mm at rear. Is this the drop you achieved?

For spacers, Eibach site shows 12mm and 15mm, so I'll look at this.

Could be a nice mod on my tiny budget so appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

Did I notice in another post you got a remap done at Evolve? Luton? They are on my list of potential tuners as relatively local. Would you recommend? Was you pleased with final road set up after tune? (Trying not to change the topic like I did in Mineral v Alpine 😏

Thanks for the advice so far 👍
My car is an Msport with Msport suspension, so the stock dampers are matched very nicely with the Eibachs. The ride isn't bouncy at all, I'd go as far as saying it improved the ride, since they're what you call progressive springs. The drop makes the car look OEM+. I wouldn't bother with coilovers for our needs. Certainly don't get them because the ride will be bouncy, because it absolutely won't!

The Eibach spacers are what you call hub- centric and are the correct diameter (others are smaller so the full face of the back of the wheel doesn't meet face to face. May cost more but are definitely worth it.

I purchased the Goodyear tyres because they've always traditionally had compliant rides with a great blend of dry and wet grip. Always been well priced for premium tyres (although now tyre prices have increased considerably no matter what size you get). They've also got a more rounded profile, so no issues with any rubbing at all.

Yes, had the car tuned at Evolve. Highly recommended. Transformed the car. Car feels so much more alive and you can really feel the power difference. Especially at dual carriageway speeds where it really comes into its own.

Here's a few pics I took low down so you can get an idea of arch gap (with spacers fitted):

20210722_121334.jpg
20210722_121327.jpg
The stance and fit on yours looks so good..........what size spacers did you fit front and back please?

warmasice

Eibach lowering springs

Post by warmasice » Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:17 am

Thanks. Running 12mm front and 16mm at the rear.

KryStallone

Eibach lowering springs

Post by KryStallone » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:24 am

warmasice wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:17 am Thanks. Running 12mm front and 16mm at the rear.
Thks 👍👍