Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Airbag Module Coding NCS Expert

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
DanielS

Post by DanielS » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:28 pm

Definitely going to follow this, I have a good working version of Tool32, but I haven't been able to program with it just start the system time.

DanielS

Post by DanielS » Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:03 pm

As I haven't figured my mismatch coding out just yet, I was playing around with BMW Scanner 1.4 and I saw a function to change the VIN in there.

Have you tried this?

Ps... If this works out can you send me the download of all your programming data from the SIM? Looking for the hex and programming setup.

colb

Post by colb » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:51 pm

I also found that in BMW Scanner 1.4 but it didn't work when I tried to change the Vin using it.
Still got to try with Tool32 when he can get the car to me.
Z Shed Cymru member
1999 1.8 Z3
2003 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville 650
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url

colb

Post by colb » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:11 pm

Had another go at sorting Youdy's airbag light, since we replaced the main central module with a same part number one we have got rid of the original fault but have been stumped by the replacement having the wrong Vin number coded into it and is keeping the airbag light on.
Our previouse attemmpts at coding the module using NCS Expert, WinKPF have all resulted in failure despite following the instructions others have used with good results. Our latest session was using Tool32 and again following instructions we found attempted to code the new Vin into the module, it will not take the new Vin at all derspite using the SIM85 program and using the correct arguments the job requires. I did have another go using BMW Scanner1.4 to progrqamme the module but again it will not take the new Vin. I did use the Reset Module button and this actually made the airbag light go off. The next time ignition is cycled it obviously runs through the airbag system check and spots the incorrect Vin again and lights the airbag light again, no surprise there then.
At a bit of a loss now what else to try, I suspect one of the expensive scan/coding tools by Autel or Snapon might werll be a way forward since we have tried all the BMW stuff we have access to. Anyone out there with such kit or suggestions on a way forward.
Z Shed Cymru member
1999 1.8 Z3
2003 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville 650
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:17 pm

Wild stab in the dark time....... if everyone else is telling you they managed it, is it perhaps a duff module?
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

colb

Post by colb » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:17 pm

We were told the replacement came out of a working car with no airbag faults, I have no reason to doubt this, supplier is very reliable.
The fact that the only error showing up now is the incorrect Vin leads me to think the rest of the module is functional as are the two satellite modules as they dont set any codes (so far).
Z Shed Cymru member
1999 1.8 Z3
2003 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville 650

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bigwinn » Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:45 pm

colb wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:17 pm We were told the replacement came out of a working car with no airbag faults, I have no reason to doubt this, supplier is very reliable.
The fact that the only error showing up now is the incorrect Vin leads me to think the rest of the module is functional as are the two satellite modules as they dont set any codes (so far).
Col

Had same issues as you today I think on
acestumacher
car

New satellite b pillar module fitted

Followed the path exactly as described in Toms how to

Still shows as vin mismatch

Did you fix it?

Cc
enuff_zed
for interest

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me

colb

Post by colb » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:57 am

No didn’t solve it even using my new Launch Tablet couldn’t get it to take the cars Vin I suspect the supplied replacement was locked up from a crashed car. Jon who’s car it was actually took the car to the module supplier in Birmingham and they had a go at coding it and his original without success. Ongoing saga.
Z Shed Cymru member
1999 1.8 Z3
2003 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville 650

lui

Post by lui » Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:26 am

Hi, was this issue sorted? can you physically see the wrong vin number? or are you just seeing the fault code? is it possible that you have another module (non airbag) that has a different vin number that this module is complaining about?