Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

E86 Z4 Air Bag warning light

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
djlogan33

Post by djlogan33 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:17 pm

I have a 2007 Z4 M Coupe that has has the Air Bag warning light on for over a year. I have read that it could be a real fault with the air bag sensor in one of the front seats or it may just need the fault cleared to get the light to go out. Does anyone have more information on this problem? Thank you.
djLogan

- E86 Z4 M-Coupe
- E36 M3
- F25 X3 xDrive35i with M-Sport package

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:44 pm

djlogan33 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:17 pm I have a 2007 Z4 M Coupe that has has the Air Bag warning light on for over a year. I have read that it could be a real fault with the air bag sensor in one of the front seats or it may just need the fault cleared to get the light to go out. Does anyone have more information on this problem? Thank you.
You need to scan the car to see if it has any active faults, if it’s historic it should clear.
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

colb

Post by colb » Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:59 pm

Smartbears correct until you scan the car for fault codes its just guesswork as to what has triggered the airbag light. It sounds like you don't have much knowledge as to how the car works if you have left this fault for a year so doubt you will have the required gear to scan the car to find the fault. Where are you located, maybe a member is nearby with a scanner to plug in and see whats going on. The airbag system has a number of modules as well as seatbelt buckles and seat sensors that could be the cause, until its scanned you have no idea on what direction to go to solve the issue. Suggest you update your user details to show your location and exact year and model you have, it assists members who might be near you and have the ability to give you a hand.
Z Shed Cymru member
1999 1.8 Z3
2003 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville 650
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url

djlogan33

Post by djlogan33 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:51 pm

I have had the airbag SRS warning light on for over a year on my Z4 M Coupe.
I have read many posts on different social media websites about the cause of the airbag SRS warning light.
Including: problem with the airbags themselves, a loose wire, a faulty seat belt buckle, or a problem with the Engine Control Unit (ECU)
Very few sites mentioned, many times the airbag SRS warning light comes on after replacing the car battery.
I remembered that the airbag SRS warning light came around the time I installed a new battery.
I used a C110+ BMW Code Scanner to clear the airbag SRS code and turn off the airbag SRS warning light.
SRS warning light comes on after replacing the car battery.
The C110+ BMW Code Scanner cleared the code because there was nothing wrong with the air bags... disconnecting the battery caused the code and light.
djLogan

- E86 Z4 M-Coupe
- E36 M3

djlogan33

Post by djlogan33 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:43 am

Fixed...
The airbag SRS warning light was a false warning, probably caused by my previous older battery.
I cleared the false code, which turn off the light.
Since there was never anything wrong with my airbags, the airbag light has not come back on.
djLogan

- E86 Z4 M-Coupe
- E36 M3