Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Random Boot Issue

Dru2000D

Random Boot Issue

Post by Dru2000D » Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:38 pm

Hi all,

Had been working away for a good few weeks so inevitably the battery died on me. Recovery peeps came out and jump started it and advised needed a new battery, not before telling me to drive it for half an hour to recharge the old one, which lasted all of 5 minutes, throwing up all sorts of dash lights.

Anyhoo, fast forward to picking car up from garage after new battery install, and when unlocking the car, the boot also unlatches. When I try to shut the boot it unlatches again.

Oddly enough if I unlock and it unlatches, then lock the car with fob, shut the boot it then stays shut. Unlock car, stays shut.

Once I've done that, the boot button won't unlock the boot unless I use the fob which in turn won't stay shut until locked again.

Also, if I unlock the car, boot opens, get in car and lock car from inside, get back out the car I can shut the boot fine.

I can only assume the battery completely dying has mucked something up but scratching my head with the issue.

Anybody else had this at all?

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Random Boot Issue

Post by flybobbie » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:17 pm

Could be the old broken wire on boot mechanism.
All the motion just randomly locking boot.
Search forum for boot problem.

Dru2000D

Random Boot Issue

Post by Dru2000D » Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:46 pm

I would have thought it would be a bit more constant but the fact I can lock the car, close boot and it locks, then unlocks on fob etc really has my head scratching. I've tried locking each side of the boot latches with a screwdriver as well, left will lock but when trying the right it unlocks again. If I then do it in reverse its the same outcome

RobbiZ4

Random Boot Issue

Post by RobbiZ4 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:42 am

As flybobbie said, it's a broken wire inside of the locking system, that randomly get's back in contact with it's counterpart.
Pardon, je suis Allemand :oops:
:ant:
E89 Roof Maintenance
viewtopic.php?t=130932

Y3 Roof Diagnostic System
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=129048