Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Introducing Myself

First port of call for new members
Validwarlord

Introducing Myself

Post by Validwarlord » Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:28 am

Hi

Sorry guys should have said where I am from in the UK.

We live near Nottingham (Long Eaton) if anyone local be nice to meet up and chat :thumbsup:

Kevin

Introducing Myself

Post by Kevin » Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:35 am

B21 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:02 am Welcome…a lovely colour may I say? :thumbsup: :rofl:
Yes, one of the things that attracted me to the car. It seems to be a fairly rare colour?

The dealers said they were sorry to see it go - brought a ray of sunshine into the showroom :)
B21 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:02 am Whereabouts in our wonderful country are you based?
We're in East Fife (Scotland), so fairly rural with some good twisting country roads and moderate hills. I'm looking forwards
to trying her out in the Highlands (I have a favourite road from Braemar to Grantown that should be spectacular with the top down :)).
B21 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:02 am If you need leading astray I have a few ideas.. :tumbleweed: :thumbsup:
I'll definitely keep it in mind! :)

Kevin

Introducing Myself

Post by Kevin » Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:58 am

Validwarlord wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:19 am We have just brought a 2015 2.0 s drive which suits our needs as this is a second car, 1 owner from new with 48k with full BMW history + the mot's to back up the mileage its in Deep Sea Blue/Canberra Beige Leather in execellent condition, I know its not the fastest in the Z4 line up but a decent remap should help if needed
Your car is definitely no slouch, and being so low to the ground and tight in the suspension really makes the car feel fast, especially with the
top down! I'm finding even 40-50 on the open road gives a real sensation of speed.

The dark colours with light leather do look really good. Mine is mostly black (including anthracite headlining), but it has the pale yellow suede trim on the dash and door surrounds.

The 3.0 is certainly an indulgence. I used to have a couple of 3 litre coupes (Peugeot V6 - smooth as silk and good acceleration)
so was missing the power (and cylinders). This one is much more sporty as well as more economical. I've only really tried the acceleration
on motorway on-ramps, though - still getting used to how the car handles :)

Validwarlord

Introducing Myself

Post by Validwarlord » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:04 pm

Kevin wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:58 am
Validwarlord wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:19 am We have just brought a 2015 2.0 s drive which suits our needs as this is a second car, 1 owner from new with 48k with full BMW history + the mot's to back up the mileage its in Deep Sea Blue/Canberra Beige Leather in execellent condition, I know its not the fastest in the Z4 line up but a decent remap should help if needed

Your car is definitely no slouch, and being so low to the ground and tight in the suspension really makes the car feel fast, especially with the
top down! I'm finding even 40-50 on the open road gives a real sensation of speed.

The dark colours with light leather do look really good. Mine is mostly black (including anthracite headlining), but it has the pale yellow suede trim on the dash and door surrounds.

The 3.0 is certainly an indulgence. I used to have a couple of 3 litre coupes (Peugeot V6 - smooth as silk and good acceleration)
so was missing the power (and cylinders). This one is much more sporty as well as more economical. I've only really tried the acceleration
on motorway on-ramps, though - still getting used to how the car handles :)
Yes when I drove the car it was very smooth and everything felt tight as it should be and with the 1 owner from new it has been very well maintained which is what we were looking for, will most probably look into the idrive upgrade I believe a guy called Dave retro fits these and I think he is from Lincoln which is not that far away :D

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Introducing Myself

Post by B21 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:19 pm

Kevin wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:35 am
B21 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:02 am Welcome…a lovely colour may I say? :thumbsup: :rofl:
Yes, one of the things that attracted me to the car. It seems to be a fairly rare colour?

The dealers said they were sorry to see it go - brought a ray of sunshine into the showroom :)
B21 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:02 am Whereabouts in our wonderful country are you based?
We're in East Fife (Scotland), so fairly rural with some good twisting country roads and moderate hills. I'm looking forwards
to trying her out in the Highlands (I have a favourite road from Braemar to Grantown that should be spectacular with the top down :)).
B21 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:02 am If you need leading astray I have a few ideas.. :tumbleweed: :thumbsup:
I'll definitely keep it in mind! :)
The Atacama Yellow was unique only 1,294 made out of 118,000 Z4 E89s produced..it was only used for three years from 2010-2012.

The Tomintoul old military road is a blast..enjoyed it a few times..

There’s an active FB Z4 owners group if you want some local banter and they organise a few meets and runs too…

Enjoy :thumbsup:
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup:

Validwarlord

Introducing Myself

Post by Validwarlord » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:46 pm

I have requested to join that group but not yet been accepted so will just wait and see what happens

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Introducing Myself

Post by buzyg » Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:24 pm

Great looking Z4. Welcome to the forum from sunny Scotland. 8) :thumbsup:

(Though I"m usually in Cornwall)

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Introducing Myself

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:51 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum Kevin. :thumbsup:

It looks like you have found a really rare Z4 with that combination of Atacama Yellow and the 30i model. The 3 litre N52 is a great engine and as you've discovered it's pretty lively when you want it to be!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black