Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Review removed

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
Popey

Review removed

Post by Popey » Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:26 pm

I left a review for the zed shed and it got removed. I can post my invoice if you thought this was a fictional review?

I never even got a notification 👎

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

Review removed

Post by Zedebee » Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:30 pm

Think Mike is banned from the forum?
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Review removed

Post by Pondrew » Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:30 pm

IIRC "the *** shed" are not popular with the forum admin (for a reason I can't remember).
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

pvr
Legend
Legend

Review removed

Post by pvr » Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:38 pm

A few reasons still visible in the various discussion sections.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Review removed

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:13 pm

For years he was really helpful, but then things got out of hand and the Mods removed him.

Thread here if you have some time to spare:- viewtopic.php?f=13&t=105182
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Popey

Review removed

Post by Popey » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:09 am

I understand things have gone wrong for some members. However if you can post negatives, it would make sense you can post unbiased and accurate reviews.

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Review removed

Post by Scubaregs » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:05 pm

Popey wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:09 am I understand things have gone wrong for some members. However if you can post negatives, it would make sense you can post unbiased and accurate reviews.
So are you saying the negative reviews posted were biased and inaccurate?
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image

Popey

Review removed

Post by Popey » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:38 am

Scubaregs wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:05 pm
Popey wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:09 am I understand things have gone wrong for some members. However if you can post negatives, it would make sense you can post unbiased and accurate reviews.
No not at all. The point I was getting at is that if you can leave negative feedback you should be in a position to leave a positive review.

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Review removed

Post by Chris_D » Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:40 pm

Popey wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:38 am
Scubaregs wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:05 pm
No not at all. The point I was getting at is that if you can leave negative feedback you should be in a position to leave a positive review.
Concur. :thumbsup:

But don't expect any neutral/unbiased opinions from the liks of Scubaregs or the rest of the bingo handbag swingers here.
:lol:
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Review removed

Post by Pondrew » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:12 pm

Popey wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:38 am The point I was getting at is that if you can leave negative feedback you should be in a position to leave a positive review.
Problem is that by reviewing the business, you are advertising for him and promoting the business, in a way. As he was banned from the forum, promoting him won't be allowed. I think he was banned partly for using the forum to blatantly promote his business for free IIRC.

I would guess that if you had left a negative review, it would have also been removed. :)
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Popey

Review removed

Post by Popey » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:07 pm

But he's been rubbished and that remains on the forum (freedom of speech). I am not fighting his corner, I just want a level playing field for all.

What he's done in the past is not relevant to my experience.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Review removed

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:16 pm

Popey wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:07 pm But he's been rubbished and that remains on the forum (freedom of speech). I am not fighting his corner, I just want a level playing field for all.

I read the complete post linked to earlier in this thread. By no means was it all one way. Several people reiterated what he had done for them and how pleased they were with his work. I think that thread portrays an accurate description of events and by reading it you can see that the quality of his work and his knowledge are not in dispute. The issues arise with his lack of communication and somewhat short fuse. The playing field in that thread is fully covered, from one end to the other
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Popey

Review removed

Post by Popey » Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:33 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:16 pm
Popey wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:07 pm But he's been rubbished and that remains on the forum (freedom of speech). I am not fighting his corner, I just want a level playing field for all.

I read the complete post linked to earlier in this thread. By no means was it all one way. Several people reiterated what he had done for them and how pleased they were with his work. I think that thread portrays an accurate description of events and by reading it you can see that the quality of his work and his knowledge are not in dispute. The issues arise with his lack of communication and somewhat short fuse. The playing field in that thread is fully covered, from one end to the other
I wasn't questioning the thread, just lack of ability to leave a review. Once I have done it others may comment and say they didn't get great service etc. But not been able to leave a review just leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

I am going to leave it here, unless a mod wants to comment.

Number5
Lifer
Lifer

Review removed

Post by Number5 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:20 pm

IIRC there were also cases of pseudo accounts being set up and all promoting his business.
The Mods could see that 4 or 5 of these accounts were all originating from the same IP address.

I believe one of the Z4 Facebook groups are administered by Mike too and heard that any negative posts on there were also removed.

As far as I’m aware, the issue wasn’t so much his work, but a frustrating lack of communication with clients who couldn’t get hold of him in order to get their cars back for weeks, even months in some cases.
Alpina Roadster #307
Porsche Boxster GTS
Previous Zs
Stratus E86
G29 30i
1x Imola Z4MR
Alpina #019
10x E85 Se/Si Roadsters
2x E89's
Roof Motor Relocations (Bristol)

ori

Review removed

Post by ori » Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:13 pm

I have never used Mike, but some swear by him and some curse him.