Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

DME updates with WinKFP

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

DME updates with WinKFP

Post by enuff_zed » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:23 am

Barry (umfaan) has a 7532140 which looks compatible.
However, the VIN on it says BT32 which I think I'm right in saying is a 2.5i, not a 3.0i.
From what I've researched I believe these are still compatible but it's your choice whether you speak to him or look for one from a 3.0?
Maybe Stuart (bigwinn), or Chris (street) can help?
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

DME updates with WinKFP

Post by bigwinn » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:40 am

enuff_zed wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:23 am Barry (umfaan) has a 7532140 which looks compatible.
However, the VIN on it says BT32 which I think I'm right in saying is a 2.5i, not a 3.0i.
From what I've researched I believe these are still compatible but it's your choice whether you speak to him or look for one from a 3.0?
Ive not got a DME in the parts bin but will have on the breaker coming in- which is a 2.5

as soon as its here I will have a look at compatibility
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me

Rix

DME updates with WinKFP

Post by Rix » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:07 pm

bigwinn wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:40 am
enuff_zed wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:23 am Barry (umfaan) has a 7532140 which looks compatible.
Ive not got a DME in the parts bin but will have on the breaker coming in- which is a 2.5

I'm in no rush (and appreciate enuff_zed is at position #1!) so if you do get a potential solution come your way, then that would be fab. In the meanwhile, it continues to keep rain off the driveway! :)

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

DME updates with WinKFP

Post by enuff_zed » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:12 pm

Rix wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:07 pm
bigwinn wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:40 am

I'm in no rush (and appreciate enuff_zed is at position #1!) so if you do get a potential solution come your way, then that would be fab. In the meanwhile, it continues to keep rain off the driveway! :)
Ah, I already have a replacement DME which we almost got sorted. So I'm not competing for the next available one.

Rix

DME updates with WinKFP

Post by Rix » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:59 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:12 pm Ah, I already have a replacement DME which we almost got sorted. So I'm not competing for the next available one.
Hope it does the trick!

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

DME updates with WinKFP

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:18 pm

Rix wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:59 pm
enuff_zed wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:12 pm Ah, I already have a replacement DME which we almost got sorted. So I'm not competing for the next available one.
Hope it does the trick!
Hell I hope so!

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

DME updates with WinKFP

Post by enuff_zed » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:59 pm

Rix

DME updates with WinKFP

Post by Rix » Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:15 pm

Well there seems to be progress with mine... With my donor DME awaiting Stuart's magical skills for the EWS delete, I plugged it into the car, just to see if my code reader would be able make any contact with it - I was getting no comms with my original unit... Anyway, I plugged it in and fired up the code reader - obviously did not try to turn it over, but success - it connected!! Looks like the problem is definately with my old DME so that is progress!

Did a quick screen grab of the codes, cleared and then tried again. 3 codes remain - one for EWS tamper (obviously) but the other two for time out with the cruise control module and no comms the auto box module, neither of which my zed has so understandable. The donor DME is a matching part number but from a 2.5 X3 which presumably was an auto with cruise. I'm wondering whether these options can be programmed out, and whether the different engine size also will be an issue? Either way, I'm happy that it seems to have identified the issue - an apparently dead DME! Fingers crossed for the box of magical zeros and ones, hopefully next week...

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

DME updates with WinKFP

Post by bigwinn » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:03 pm

Looking forward to seeing you buddy

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me

Rix

DME updates with WinKFP

Post by Rix » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:55 pm

bigwinn wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:03 pm Looking forward to seeing you buddy
yeah me to, it's given me a bit of optimism!