Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Blackline helical LSD - any good?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Madcatgrafix

Post by Madcatgrafix » Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:37 pm

Excellent! Thanks for the links! :thumbsup:
2003 Z4 3l winter runabout :driving:
2013 370z motorsport (my long term project)
2004 mx5 svt turbo tracktoy :driving:

Limonge

Post by Limonge » Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:22 pm

SDJ wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:44 pm Hi booloveblankie, glad you are enjoying the diff, I certainly am. Did you install it yourself and measure the crown wheel backlash?
Joycey wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:23 pm My Blackline diff arrived last week, planning to fit it shortly.
regalis wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:20 pm Hello. I was trying to find some info on Blackline LSDs and i found this post. Not much out yet, I read GuidoK post and what I can see on pictures of Blackline LSD its 5 bolt = 5 gear sets. And they are use 8620 steel http://www.interlloy.com.au/our-product ... ing-steel/ it seams to be a good choise of material to use in a diff.
booloveblankie wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:08 pm Hi folks, apolgies for the massive delay!
Long story short - my 130i got driven into by a truck, fought my insurer for a bit, fought my repairer for a bit, and am now (still!) arguing with the insurer over a year on from the incident...
autosport wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:57 am Awesome, am just installing at the moment, What Diff oil did you use (Weight and spec), Matt Lewis racing is just advising any good quoality oil but isn't providing a weigh or recomendation for Synthetic, semi synthetic, mineral etc..... thanks
Hello folks, sorry to multiquote you all, but I am trying to know which version of the diff we do have to buy the correct one. Have you bought a 188K?

Cheers!

Joycey

Post by Joycey » Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:52 pm

Limonge wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:22 pm
SDJ wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:44 pm Hi booloveblankie, glad you are enjoying the diff, I certainly am. Did you install it yourself and measure the crown wheel backlash?
Joycey wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:23 pm My Blackline diff arrived last week, planning to fit it shortly.
regalis wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:20 pm Hello. I was trying to find some info on Blackline LSDs and i found this post. Not much out yet, I read GuidoK post and what I can see on pictures of Blackline LSD its 5 bolt = 5 gear sets. And they are use 8620 steel http://www.interlloy.com.au/our-product ... ing-steel/ it seams to be a good choise of material to use in a diff.
booloveblankie wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:08 pm Hi folks, apolgies for the massive delay!
Long story short - my 130i got driven into by a truck, fought my insurer for a bit, fought my repairer for a bit, and am now (still!) arguing with the insurer over a year on from the incident...
autosport wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:57 am Awesome, am just installing at the moment, What Diff oil did you use (Weight and spec), Matt Lewis racing is just advising any good quoality oil but isn't providing a weigh or recomendation for Synthetic, semi synthetic, mineral etc..... thanks
Hello folks, sorry to multiquote you all, but I am trying to know which version of the diff we do have to buy the correct one. Have you bought a 188K?

Cheers!
When chatting with Matt lewis racing they quoted the following diff to be the unit for my 3.0si
https://www.mattlewisracing.co.uk/produ ... 1_3_series

autosport

Post by autosport » Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:32 am

Limonge wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:22 pm Hello folks, sorry to multiquote you all, but I am trying to know which version of the diff we do have to buy the correct one. Have you bought a 188K?

Cheers!
IF you give Matt the details of your car (providing you have the factory diff in it) he will let you know what LSD you require.