Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Foxwell reader

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Foxwell reader

Post by flybobbie » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:59 am

Anyone had any success signing up to Foxwell in order to download data from the reader.
These companies want everything like your inside leg measurement and then find you still can't log in to their site.
Why can't we just enter a product code off the reader and download whatever is needed to read the data.
Better still provide a replay mode on the reader or disc with program on it.
I can't find one.

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Foxwell reader

Post by flybobbie » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:07 am

Only solution i see is mount reader and phone in a shoe box and record the screen, ridiculous.
Trying to look at it on the move single handed a bit dodgy.

Oilyfingers

Foxwell reader

Post by Oilyfingers » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:42 am

Santa gave me a Foxwell NT809 for X-mas.
Registration was pretty straightforward and I also did not need to provide any unusual info.
Could download all updates right away.
The procedure could be different for other models though ?

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Foxwell reader

Post by flybobbie » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:18 pm

Well i have signed up, but when i log in it says register, which i have.

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Foxwell reader

Post by flybobbie » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:24 am

Finally got into site, can't see anything that would read data on obd reader.
Seen a few other Foxwell tools, non work.

grannyknot

Foxwell reader

Post by grannyknot » Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:24 pm

flybobbie wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:24 am Finally got into site, can't see anything that would read data on obd reader.
That seems to be a reoccurring problem with Foxwell, I almost ordered or the NT510 hopping it would do more than my Creator C501 but after a bit of researching realized that it is no better.
The Creator C501 is a good unit and I have had no problems with it, a good diagnostic tool.
2008 E86 M coupe
Toronto, Ontario

clarker63

Foxwell reader

Post by clarker63 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:39 pm

flybobbie wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:24 am Finally got into site, can't see anything that would read data on obd reader.
their customer service is from China and hit and miss. I bought a NT530. its okish and might get me out of trouble one day, but I was not impressed with the customer service (which they also sold me a Suzuki module that didn't really do very much, then didn't reply when I complained). the BMW module seems to work though. I do remember having some confusion when I first loaded it. I had assumed it would come pre-loaded with the modules already but it doesnt. If I recall, you need to choose the right car type after registering. then they validate it, and you can download it onto the reader. I'm pretty sure there's a youtube video about this if you search for it