Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

3.0i M54 Rough idle then cuts out

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bigwinn » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:01 pm

Rix wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:24 pm Thanks for the update and yeah I hope so too! If it turns out to be the DME I'm not sure if that makes me happy or not, but obviously it would be great to have it running - both you and me alike!
Rix

Get yourself a new DME

I am routing down country in the next week or so- can pop in and sort yours if needed

Stuart
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bigwinn » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:03 pm

Its been a battle but we won in the end eh

Just a blessing to hear it purring sweetly again!

Now get it MOTd and off the drive there are too many cars popping up to miss out on!!!
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

EWS Delete PM me

IRD

Post by IRD » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:05 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:49 pm
IRD wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:42 pm Very impressive Martin/Stuart. Great result. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Well Stuart really. It was he who bought the software and drove miles to help out. I made tea and became adept at swapping DMEs that's all.
Great satisfaction at tracking it down though. I enjoyed the logic involved and the elation when it fired straight up and purred was great.
I'm hoping this is one of those investigative threads that can help others as our cars get older and the electronics start to play up.
We will certainly be saving DMEs now and I'm pretty sure Stuart will be doing a few more of these.
Considering all this work on the cars has nothing to do with his day job you have got to be impressed by the range of Stuart’s talents. Plus he is such a nice guy willing to help anyone. As I have said on many occasions now I had a huge amount of help from him. There are not many folk who will offer help unless there is something (usually financial gain) in it for them. Stuart is one of those rare people.

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bigwinn » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:25 pm

Thank you Ian!

Hope you and yours are all well!!

EWS Delete PM me

Rix

Post by Rix » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:07 am

Amazing! Great result chaps, another zed back in full fettle!

Rix

Post by Rix » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:09 am

bigwinn wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:01 pm
Rix

Get yourself a new DME

I am routing down country in the next week or so- can pop in and sort yours if needed

Stuart
I will get myself looking now! Will drop you a DM if I can grab something suitable - really appreciated:)