Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FOR SALE Disa valve x2

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
SonnyA85

Disa valve x2

Post by SonnyA85 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:49 pm

I have two of these for sale. For 3 litre M54 engine.

One is pre-owned genuine OEM. I have tested it works. - £50

One is a clone from Lithuania - £25

rob_heff

Disa valve x2

Post by rob_heff » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:56 pm

Hi Sonny, I can't see when you originally posted this, but do you still have the OEM Disa please?

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Disa valve x2

Post by enuff_zed » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:51 pm

rob_heff, Sonny was something of an amateur troll and hasn't been seen for a while.
May I suggest you put up a 'Wanted' ad of your own?
I assume you have a 3.0? Be aware that the the 2.2/2.5 Disa valve is shorter than the 3.0 version.
You may also wish to consider doing the simple mod on yours to fit metal components.
Whole job will take you less than an hour
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

rob_heff

Disa valve x2

Post by rob_heff » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:05 pm

Thanks enuff_zed, appreciate the heads up, yes its the 3.0 - I have a feeling it's the diaphragm in the unit that needs changing though, revs jump when I put my foot on the break pedal, suggests a vacuum leak? -odd that it only does it in the first few mins when it's cold, then seems to settle , but the idle is still a little off - I've watched a couple of vids on how to change the diaphragm, but it looks like there is a chance of snapping some lugs and it not going back together., so i was after an original spare so I'm not stranded if that happens. I think the previous owner had already used an upgrade kit, but I don't think it was a metal one, I really just need to take the thing out and have a look - and put a metal one in either way.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Disa valve x2

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:15 pm

rob_heff wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:05 pm Thanks enuff_zed, appreciate the heads up, yes its the 3.0 - I have a feeling it's the diaphragm in the unit that needs changing though, revs jump when I put my foot on the break pedal, suggests a vacuum leak? -odd that it only does it in the first few mins when it's cold, then seems to settle , but the idle is still a little off - I've watched a couple of vids on how to change the diaphragm, but it looks like there is a chance of snapping some lugs and it not going back together., so i was after an original spare so I'm not stranded if that happens. I think the previous owner had already used an upgrade kit, but I don't think it was a metal one, I really just need to take the thing out and have a look - and put a metal one in either way.
bigwinn, got any spare 3.0 Disa valves ?
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Disa valve x2

Post by bigwinn » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:04 am

I think I only have 2.5/2.2 but I will check

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me