Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Speeding ticket……

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Johnbmwz4

Speeding ticket……

Post by Johnbmwz4 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:02 pm

coldel wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:48 pm Just an observation, but given you got the speeding ticket in the post, the picture must have been clear enough for the issuing authority to read the number plate, identify you as the registered owner, get your name and address, and send the notice? It could be blurry in the letter because its just a cheap printer?
Yes you are very right. But you actually log on to their system to check the photos, you don’t get one through the post. Anyway had a few responses from the pepipoo forum and they were very helpful. It seem these new cameras are state of the art so no mistakes can be made. They are saying I should get the speed awareness course due to the speed it appears I was going so I am going to fill the form out and send to the relevant authorities saying I am guilty of the offence……I feel like I have angered 1 or 2 on here by trying to get out of a speeding offence. My only question when I first posted was if it’s right to have 2 cars in the same photo when 1 of them is the speeder. I thought one of you knowledgeable people on here may have been in a similar situation in the past and was just looking for advice if you had………
BMW E89 3.5i M Sport manual, loving it….
Audi S5 Cab, Great car but not special enough….
BMW E89 3.5i DCT, Havana Brown, should never have sold it…..
BMW E85 3.0 Auto, sadly missed (twice)

pvr
Legend
Legend

Speeding ticket……

Post by pvr » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:21 pm

Any means to get out of a speeding ticket gets my vote :thumbsup:
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Speeding ticket……

Post by Pondrew » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:29 pm

pvr wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:21 pm Any means to get out of a speeding ticket gets my vote
Diplomatic immunity, for you? :?
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

pvr
Legend
Legend

Speeding ticket……

Post by pvr » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:51 pm

No fixed abode :lol:
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Speeding ticket……

Post by Nanu » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:56 pm

jenniferlouise wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:11 pm Hopefully you’ll be offered a speed awareness course. Whilst these will cost the same as the fine, they (a) don’t come with the endorsement points and (b) you (or whoever the offender was) may learn something from the training event and (c) you don’t have to declare to the insurer. That’s not meant to be rude. I’m a former emergency service worker, been to too many messy incidents caused by speed and been on at least one speed awareness course myself.

If you were not speeding then you’ve nothing to worry about. The cameras are accurately aligned for each carriageway… A
I was on a speed awareness course last year when it was done remotely due to Covid.

Caught doing 54 in a 50 zone, accelerating into a gap ahead in the nearside lane, to let an ambulance on blue lights which was up my a**e, past.

The person running the course when he learned of my circumstances told me to sign out and he would confirm that I had completed the course, which I did and so did he. Didn't get a refund but saved me 4 hours of my time.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Speeding ticket……

Post by Nanu » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:59 pm

/quote]Yes you are very right. But you actually log on to their system to check the photos, you don’t get one through the post. Anyway had a few responses from the pepipoo forum and they were very helpful. It seem these new cameras are state of the art so no mistakes can be made. They are saying I should get the speed awareness course due to the speed it appears I was going so I am going to fill the form out and send to the relevant authorities saying I am guilty of the offence……I feel like I have angered 1 or 2 on here by trying to get out of a speeding offence. My only question when I first posted was if it’s right to have 2 cars in the same photo when 1 of them is the speeder. I thought one of you knowledgeable people on here may have been in a similar situation in the past and was just looking for advice if you had………
[/quote]Pleased you got some help from the website.

A one to keep in the favourites in case you need it again.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

Johnbmwz4

Speeding ticket……

Post by Johnbmwz4 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:43 pm

Thanks for telling me about the Pepipoo forum Nanu.

coldel

Speeding ticket……

Post by coldel » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:15 am

Did you get any joy on pepipoo? Be interesting to hear what they say.

Two cars in the photo Im not sure what difference it makes as it would have pinged you either with a distance gun or with the road markings. My friend actually got done doing 49 in a 40 average speed camera and the photo he sent me from the online website was very blurry too. I can only assume there is a compression effect going on when you look online, and like I say it must have been legible to have sent you the letter.

My mate as I say got done for 49 in a 40 and he got offered speed awareness course, done online. He had a clean licence.
Currently BMW Z4 E85 3.0si
Previously
BMW Z4 E86 3.0si
Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
Toyota Celica ST205 GT4
Nissan R33 Skyline GTST
Vauxhall VX220 NA
Nissan 350z

Johnbmwz4

Speeding ticket……

Post by Johnbmwz4 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:53 pm

They just said the cameras are state of the art with no mistakes made from them and the pictures my be blurry but they must have better ones as they have my reg number. Ill be happy with a speed awareness course.....