Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

2022 BMW X5 45e Test Drive

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Post Reply
User avatar
ThomasDE85Z4
Member
Member
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 4:51 pm
Location: Glasgow
Contact:

2022 BMW X5 45e Test Drive

Post by ThomasDE85Z4 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:15 am

Hey everyone,

I recently had the 2022 BMW X5 45e on test. For anyone unaware this is the plug-in hybrid that uses a 3l petrol and a battery pack. It is quite spritely with 0-62mph in a realistic 6 second range. The X5 I tested was in Carbon Blue with the M Sport Pro package.

Pros:
I really enjoyed the comfortable seats. The ride height and the glass roof. Feels like a quality car inside.

Cons: Nearly £80k, low 30's mpg vs claimed 120mpg+, smaller boot vs regular X5 models.
Thomas Dobie
2005 BMW Z4 2.5i & Toyota iQ
YouTube channel: CarsofGlasgow
Instagram: @CarsofGlasgow

User avatar
ThomasDE85Z4
Member
Member
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 4:51 pm
Location: Glasgow
Contact:

2022 BMW X5 45e Test Drive

Post by ThomasDE85Z4 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:15 am

If anyone wishes to see the video on the X5 45e, here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y9WZ5WGumo
Thomas Dobie
2005 BMW Z4 2.5i & Toyota iQ
YouTube channel: CarsofGlasgow
Instagram: @CarsofGlasgow

User avatar
ThomasDE85Z4
Member
Member
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 4:51 pm
Location: Glasgow
Contact:

2022 BMW X5 45e Test Drive

Post by ThomasDE85Z4 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:17 am

Carbon Black BMW X5 45e
Attachments
X5 45e
X5 45e
X5.png (1.24 MiB) Viewed 410 times
Thomas Dobie
2005 BMW Z4 2.5i & Toyota iQ
YouTube channel: CarsofGlasgow
Instagram: @CarsofGlasgow

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 5215
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:20 pm
Location: Spaldingski

2022 BMW X5 45e Test Drive

Post by Pondrew » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:59 pm

ThomasDE85Z4 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:15 am Nearly £80k
You lost me there, pal, unfortunately. It's a car not a house. Next......
All good things come to those who wait. But I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F33 440i MPPSK and a bit of bling
E89. N20 with a cheeky remap
Mazda3 for the wifey and carrying anything. Underrated and underpowered

User avatar
LeeZ4MR
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4170
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:36 pm
Location: Lincs

2022 BMW X5 45e Test Drive

Post by LeeZ4MR » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:28 am

I'm a big fan of X5s and I used to have a X5 4.8iS. However both myself and my missus test drove a 2021 X5 45e and we were really disappointed with it. It felt very heavy/nowhere near as quick as we were was expecting, plus it just didn't really feel like a BMW to drive for us either(in hindsight the 40d was the version that we should've driven).

We left the BMW dealer and went straight into the Merc dealer and we purchased a brand new 2022 GLE400d instead. I do still love the X5 though, just not the hybrid version.
Current...BMW F82 M4 Coupe 2018
370Z Roadster 2011
Merc GLE400d 2022

Previous.. Audi TTS 2012
640d 2012
330i 2006
Z4MR 2006
E92 M3 2009
X5 4.8iS 2004
TVR Cerbera 4.5

User avatar
LeeZ4MR
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4170
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:36 pm
Location: Lincs

2022 BMW X5 45e Test Drive

Post by LeeZ4MR » Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:11 am

ThomasDE85Z4 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:15 am If anyone wishes to see the video on the X5 45e, here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y9WZ5WGumo
I really enjoyed watching your review thanks Thomas. :thumbsup:
Current...BMW F82 M4 Coupe 2018
370Z Roadster 2011
Merc GLE400d 2022

Previous.. Audi TTS 2012
640d 2012
330i 2006
Z4MR 2006
E92 M3 2009
X5 4.8iS 2004
TVR Cerbera 4.5

User avatar
ThomasDE85Z4
Member
Member
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 4:51 pm
Location: Glasgow
Contact:

2022 BMW X5 45e Test Drive

Post by ThomasDE85Z4 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:31 pm

LeeZ4MR wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:28 am I'm a big fan of X5s and I used to have a X5 4.8iS. However both myself and my missus test drove a 2021 X5 45e and we were really disappointed with it. It felt very heavy/nowhere near as quick as we were was expecting, plus it just didn't really feel like a BMW to drive for us either(in hindsight the 40d was the version that we should've driven).

We left the BMW dealer and went straight into the Merc dealer and we purchased a brand new 2022 GLE400d instead. I do still love the X5 though, just not the hybrid version.
How are you finding the GLE?
Thomas Dobie
2005 BMW Z4 2.5i & Toyota iQ
YouTube channel: CarsofGlasgow
Instagram: @CarsofGlasgow

User avatar
ThomasDE85Z4
Member
Member
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 4:51 pm
Location: Glasgow
Contact:

2022 BMW X5 45e Test Drive

Post by ThomasDE85Z4 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:32 pm

LeeZ4MR wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:11 am
ThomasDE85Z4 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:15 am If anyone wishes to see the video on the X5 45e, here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y9WZ5WGumo
I really enjoyed watching your review thanks Thomas. :thumbsup:
Thank you
Thomas Dobie
2005 BMW Z4 2.5i & Toyota iQ
YouTube channel: CarsofGlasgow
Instagram: @CarsofGlasgow

User avatar
LeeZ4MR
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4170
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:36 pm
Location: Lincs

2022 BMW X5 45e Test Drive

Post by LeeZ4MR » Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:38 pm

ThomasDE85Z4 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:31 pm
LeeZ4MR wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:28 am I'm a big fan of X5s and I used to have a X5 4.8iS. However both myself and my missus test drove a 2021 X5 45e and we were really disappointed with it. It felt very heavy/nowhere near as quick as we were was expecting, plus it just didn't really feel like a BMW to drive for us either(in hindsight the 40d was the version that we should've driven).

We left the BMW dealer and went straight into the Merc dealer and we purchased a brand new 2022 GLE400d instead. I do still love the X5 though, just not the hybrid version.
How are you finding the GLE?
Really happy with it thanks. :thumbsup:

It is approaching 22k miles now and it isn't a year old until the end of March! We're big fans of the interior/tech, plus it has a nice ride with the air suspension too(however it would be even better though if it didn't have 22" wheels on it!).

Had a brand new GLC350d for 4.5 years and over a 100k miles before it, and we were new to the Merc brand then(we've had 8 BMWs between us over the years). So it has been nice to try a different manufacturer for a change. :)
Current...BMW F82 M4 Coupe 2018
370Z Roadster 2011
Merc GLE400d 2022

Previous.. Audi TTS 2012
640d 2012
330i 2006
Z4MR 2006
E92 M3 2009
X5 4.8iS 2004
TVR Cerbera 4.5

Post Reply