Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

2020 BMW 320i M Sport (G20)

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
ThomasDE85Z4

Post by ThomasDE85Z4 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:36 pm

Hey BMW Family,

I recently had the pleasure of this 2020 BMW 320i M sport out on test, considering its lack of power I actually really enjoyed the way it drove.
It does feel more isolated from the road vs the F30 generation. I am also a fan of this generation of iDrive as you get the touch screen and the rotary knob. Whereas, the current facelift has the new interface without the idrive controller.
Pro's:
Decent space front and rear, great gear box, reasonable mpg and decent size to park at the supermarket.

Con's: Quite a common sight on the UK roads so doesn't stand out, miss some gadgets that the X3 has (this one was just specced poorly) and the power off the line from a stand still is not the best. (slight hesitation when pulling off)

If anyone fancies seeing my test drive/review of the 3 series please see below. Thanks, Thomas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6o3-rdocAY&t=205s
Thomas Dobie
2005 BMW Z4 2.5i & Toyota iQ
YouTube channel: CarsofGlasgow
Instagram: @CarsofGlasgow

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:11 am

ThomasDE85Z4 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:36 pm Hey BMW Family,

I recently had the pleasure of this 2020 BMW 320i M sport out on test, considering its lack of power I actually really enjoyed the way it drove.
It does feel more isolated from the road vs the F30 generation. I am also a fan of this generation of iDrive as you get the touch screen and the rotary knob. Whereas, the current facelift has the new interface without the idrive controller.
Pro's:
Decent space front and rear, great gear box, reasonable mpg and decent size to park at the supermarket.

Con's: Quite a common sight on the UK roads so doesn't stand out, miss some gadgets that the X3 has (this one was just specced poorly) and the power off the line from a stand still is not the best. (slight hesitation when pulling off)

If anyone fancies seeing my test drive/review of the 3 series please see below. Thanks, Thomas
Am I missing something, or is this just a blatant plug for your YouAdverts channel?

I really don't get why a stranger telling other strangers what they think of a car is in any way useful to the viewer. I understand it could be useful to the reviewer in this era of "every hit is a revenue stream" culture. Maybe it's cos I'm old and cynical!

BTW I didn't watch the video! :thumbsup:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

BeeEmm

Post by BeeEmm » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:01 pm

Pondrew wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:11 am Am I missing something, or is this just a blatant plug for your YouAdverts channel?

I really don't get why a stranger telling other strangers what they think of a car is in any way useful to the viewer. I understand it could be useful to the reviewer in this era of "every hit is a revenue stream" culture. Maybe it's cos I'm old and cynical!

BTW I didn't watch the video!
You're a lot younger than me, but your mind isn't. :D Yes it will help help with his 'hits' but he is a Z4 owner and appears to be in the early stages of startup. I didn't watch the video either, but only because of the car he was reviewing. I am interested in other peoples views on different cars and this lets me see what Z4 owners and their partners think of cars that he reviews.
I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Post by tomscott » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:22 pm

It's a forum about cars and its in other marques so I don't see the issue.

Funny how people get bent out of shape about nowt.

He's got 2.2k subscribers and is obviously for the love of cars rather than money.