Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Installing h7 bulb in 2xcite headlight

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
skmattwell

Post by skmattwell » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:34 pm

Ive been silly and installed my 2xcite headlights without a main bulb. Really don't want to take the bumper off again, so working through the hatch behind the headlight.

Have plugged the bulb in but I'm confused how it secures in with the little metal bracket. I'm working blind as there barely any space to see how it clips the bulb in.

Does anyone have any photos or their instruction manual on how the metal clip holds the bulb?

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Post by patriot66 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:45 pm

Remove the washer bottle (one 10mm bolt) and the air filter box (2 × 10mm bolts and a clip) and you'll get much better access to the back of the headlights than through the silly wheel arch access hatches. The bulb is held in with a spring clip that hooks under a metal hook on either side of the bulb base. I did have some photos of mine but unfortunately can't find them. Hope this helps :thumbsup:
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

skmattwell

Post by skmattwell » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:20 pm

Cheers mate, managed it through the hatch in the end (more by luck than judgement)

Handy to know about that for future though!

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Post by patriot66 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:36 pm

:thumbsup:
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !