Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Boot Closed Switch Replacement DIY Video

How-To articles are in here.
javis20

Post by javis20 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:56 am

This is a very easy repair, but many are fearful of doing it, since it's difficult to visualize without a video guide. Hopefully this helps someone.

Post Mortem after thoughts after thoughts.

1. Order and have the M3x5mm button hand screws on hand before attempting this repair. Just in case they need to be drilled out.
2. If you have a soldering iron, you might want want to preheat the two microswitch screws, it might help to soften the Loctite.
3. If your car is a 2011 like mine, just cut the new microswitch connector off and splice or solder the wires to the old connector.

https://youtu.be/qcwZC1uah_o

RobbiZ4

Post by RobbiZ4 » Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:28 pm

Perfect, congratulation. :thumbsup:

I prefer to
  • Remove the luggage cover: just loosen 4 small screws on top
  • Remove all interior trims to get a bit more work space
  • Drill out all 2x2 old screws of the microswitches and always replace it with new M3x5mm
  • Always cut open the new connector housings and pull out the 2 pins to plug it into the old housings (only for 2012 or elder models)
Pardon, je suis Allemand :oops:
:ant:
E89 Roof Maintenance
viewtopic.php?t=130932

Y3 Roof Diagnostic System
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=129048

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Post by B21 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:48 am

Great video..the only comment I would make is that the plinky music over is not useful IMHO..

Some other videos have the natural sound (appreciate some of your work was stills) soundtrack..

You can hear people grunting, electric tools struggling etc..all clues to the things you never get in a work instruction.. :thumbsup:

Despite my comment still very wll done..
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup: