Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Comfort access questions

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Comfort access questions

Post by Pondrew » Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:44 pm

pesticidal wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:14 pm and drove over the the local BMW dealer.
I would like to do that with my local dealer..... :D
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

pesticidal

Comfort access questions

Post by pesticidal » Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:40 pm

OK. Got the new fob, and was online this morning with Bimmer tech to code the fob to the car. The tech guy said everything went well, and told me the original key was activated and should work, too. But the CA still does not work. Neither the doors not the keyless start. He said there must be something wrong with something else in the system, and said to troubleshoot the antenna. I've done some searching, but cannot find out much info on how to do this. I've found other threads with systems other than the E89, but nothing specific for my model.

Can anyone help direct me to something helpful? TIA

Deepseaskateboard

Comfort access questions

Post by Deepseaskateboard » Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:15 pm

pesticidal wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:40 pm OK. Got the new fob, and was online this morning with Bimmer tech to code the fob to the car. The tech guy said everything went well, and told me the original key was activated and should work, too. But the CA still does not work. Neither the doors not the keyless start. He said there must be something wrong with something else in the system, and said to troubleshoot the antenna. I've done some searching, but cannot find out much info on how to do this. I've found other threads with systems other than the E89, but nothing specific for my model.

https://youtu.be/pO6MNo6djtc

Give this a watch, the last tip shows how to factory reset the car to it’s original settings.

Probably the best place to start with these sorts of things.

Downside is that you may lose the coding on the new key, can’t be sure on that, your original would still work though.

pesticidal

Comfort access questions

Post by pesticidal » Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:14 pm

[/quote]

Give this a watch, the last tip shows how to factory reset the car to it’s original settings.

Downside is that you may lose the coding on the new key, can’t be sure on that, your original would still work though.
[/quote]

Wow. If it does the same as disconnecting the battery, it seems easier to disconnect the battery, lol

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Comfort access questions

Post by B21 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:35 pm

pesticidal wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:40 pm OK. Got the new fob, and was online this morning with Bimmer tech to code the fob to the car. The tech guy said everything went well, and told me the original key was activated and should work, too. But the CA still does not work. Neither the doors not the keyless start. He said there must be something wrong with something else in the system, and said to troubleshoot the antenna. I've done some searching, but cannot find out much info on how to do this. I've found other threads with systems other than the E89, but nothing specific for my model.

You need to access the BMW neeTIS system..it’s all covered in there in detail…ask a current member for an invite/// :thumbsup:
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup:

Deepseaskateboard

Comfort access questions

Post by Deepseaskateboard » Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:09 pm

pesticidal wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:14 pm

[/quote]

Wow. If it does the same as disconnecting the battery, it seems easier to disconnect the battery, lol
[/quote]

Yeah, possibly. I would imagine a reset may have a different effect, depends on the car, and how long the battery is disconnected for.

If you are troubleshooting electronic issues, knowing a reset is done gives you a jumping off point before trying other things.

Best of luck with it!