Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Love, Theft and Cars

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
T1berious

Love, Theft and Cars

Post by T1berious » Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:38 am

It's been a while but figured an update was well over due.

My Z4MR went and was replaced by a M2C.

Gone but never forgotten

Gone - Stolen!

So October 2021 saw us become a crime statistic. Lots of lessons learned after the 440i and M2C were taken off the drive after a break in.

Now alarmed up to the hilt and have a security post and using internal locks.

We took it as an opportunity to go Electric and put in order for an EV6.

I was very lucky and a couple of mates lent me their cars (Mini Cooper is an absolute riot!) while we were carless, deep breath, we also took it as an opportunity to order a Cayman 718 GTS 4.0...

EV6 arrived in Jan (Quick as the Z4M!) and a year later almost to the day this arrived...

So after trying the 718 and 718S and deciding to stick with the Z4MR we've come full circle.

(Still miss my Zed mind...)
Current
718 Cayman GTS 4.0, Kia EV6 GT line S

F87 M2C ,F82 440i, E85 Z4MR, E92 330i All Gone!

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Love, Theft and Cars

Post by tomscott » Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:52 am

Sorry to hear that.

Its not just the loss of the material item its the intrusion. Had my house burgled and attempted once more since, also had our Mini Clubman JCW stolen. It's the fact they rummage through all your personal items and being in the house without permission it ruins the safe aspect of your own space. Thats what I struggled with as unfortunately I caught them in the house and went brave heart and came off worse off lol

Thankfully we moved from the property a week after but the police determined it was from a house viewing. So worth thinking about if anyone is moving house, move the items of perceived value so there is less reason for someone to come back.

Great combo of cars tho, the 718 GTS is a lovely car and certainly a special one at that. Also really like the EV me and my wife have been thinking of swapping the clubman for one of these new Kia EVs. Although Korean there is a lot of British influence from engineering and design and they have come a long way!

beanie

Love, Theft and Cars

Post by beanie » Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:59 am

That’s a great 2 car garage for the modern world :thumbsup:

Shame about the thefts but you’ve come out of it very well. I’m not sure the Porsche (or the Kia for that matter) is as useful or sellable to the scumbags so hopefully it’ll stay put.
RUBYIMOLACARBON

T1berious

Love, Theft and Cars

Post by T1berious » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:35 am

tomscott wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:52 am Sorry to hear that.

Its not just the loss of the material item its the intrusion. Had my house burgled and attempted once more since, also had our Mini Clubman JCW stolen. It's the fact they rummage through all your personal items and being in the house without permission it ruins the safe aspect of your own space. Thats what I struggled with as unfortunately I caught them in the house and went brave heart and came off worse off lol

Thankfully we moved from the property a week after but the police determined it was from a house viewing. So worth thinking about if anyone is moving house, move the items of perceived value so there is less reason for someone to come back.

Great combo of cars tho, the 718 GTS is a lovely car and certainly a special one at that. Also really like the EV me and my wife have been thinking of swapping the clubman for one of these new Kia EVs. Although Korean there is a lot of British influence from engineering and design and they have come a long way!
Yeah, it sucked, won't lie. fortunately I was woken by the cold start of the 440i so they'd already been in the house, taken the keys and driven off. After that I went next level on security. ADT Alarm, Security Post, Secondary Ring System with Cameras. Replacing front door with a Composite 5 lock one and we now religiously lock the ground floor internal doors.

To be honest, we used to do this when I lived in London, was just "Normal" but SWMBO hails from Scotland and we had differing views on home security (you can see where this is going...), those views now are much more aligned with "accepting the world as it is rather than how we'd like it to be".

Oh, 10 months of therapy also helped!

The Kia is all sorts of awesome! The traffic light GP is a game that never gets old!
Current

T1berious

Love, Theft and Cars

Post by T1berious » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:47 am

beanie wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:59 am That’s a great 2 car garage for the modern world :thumbsup:

Shame about the thefts but you’ve come out of it very well. I’m not sure the Porsche (or the Kia for that matter) is as useful or sellable to the scumbags so hopefully it’ll stay put.
Yeah, a mate who's a fellow petrolhead suggested I not get another "tea leaf magnet" even as he was helping install mortice locks all over the place!
Current

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Love, Theft and Cars

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:11 pm

Wow, that must have been a real shocker when both cars went at the same time. :o

Still it sounds like you are pleased with the replacements! :driving:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Love, Theft and Cars

Post by Scubaregs » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:15 pm

Lovely Cayman :thumbsup:
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image

-Tom-

Love, Theft and Cars

Post by -Tom- » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:49 pm

That’s awful to read. Which corner of the country are you?

Nice new lineup at least as a consolidation. I’ve gone EV and Z4M. The contrast between the two types is great isn’t it. The petrol certainly feel like even more of a special treat! Whilst as a daily, a decent EV is perfect (pains me to say that).
-Z4 M Coupe, Silver Grey, Imola Red Nappa, carbon leather, CSLs, SuperSprint Race, Track Mode Enabled
-Tesla M3 LR

Previous - 3.0 si sport roadster, Silver Grey with Oregon Pearl Grey leather, Piano black, EIbach Pro, Stubby

T1berious

Love, Theft and Cars

Post by T1berious » Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:30 pm

To be honest, I'm amazed at how good the EV6 is. We're 7.5k miles in and it's refined, quick and cavernous. Why you'd need the GT is beyond me as the GT line AWD is still mentally quick. Even the in-laws remarked on how comfy it was.

Done a few long trips in it and it's also a champ at quick charging. Makes all the difference.
Current

-Tom-

Love, Theft and Cars

Post by -Tom- » Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:55 pm

They’re great looking things. A friend has the ionic 5, so I had a look around that recently. Rear leg room is ridiculously good and the leather, finish and general feel was really decent. The waiting times for these things show how popular they are! I hope you have plenty more happy driving miles after the ordeal with the Beamers :cry:
-Z4 M Coupe, Silver Grey, Imola Red Nappa, carbon leather, CSLs, SuperSprint Race, Track Mode Enabled
-Tesla M3 LR

Previous - 3.0 si sport roadster, Silver Grey with Oregon Pearl Grey leather, Piano black, EIbach Pro, Stubby

Argenta

Love, Theft and Cars

Post by Argenta » Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:07 am

Cool! I prob keep the M Coupe for a very long time, in that same manner.
I’d have a Kia if they weren’t dangerously HUGE and in the case of the 6 horribly ugly (thats just me). I look forward to the Abarth 500 & the EV Giulia, the Lucid Air’s just too much money.