Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Black Friday connected drive

Discussing the current generation Z4
BigDave

Post by BigDave » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:35 pm

Im with you Russ..
I had it on an X5 i owned , and used it, but i found that it didnt react as fast as ide like...and i had a few people flash me due to that fact..So its not something ide go for..

I could be interested in the service package though,, depends what it covers....

How do we find out whats available for our cars.? Visit the connected drive site.?

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:51 pm

Russ Z4 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:52 pm That's kinda my feeling. I think I must be one of the few people left that dont seem to like all this automation. I like switches, I like things being under my control... i dont want voice activation etc. I like tech... I just like to be the person driving it.
Russ,I totally agree about voice activation etc (seemingly it can’t understand me :lol: ) but living where I do the high beam assist is one of the best things on the car for me. Driving remotely and keeping the lights aimed at the ditch on full beam when there’s a car in front of me has helped me spot deer at the side of the road at least half a dozen times

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

q96169we

Post by q96169we » Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:57 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:49 am Went on for a quick nosey after reading this as mine might be here slightly longer than anticipated, says not available for our cars??

Or does it only become available at Black Friday?

Does it say same for yours?
    Have your car had its first service so far? If it has, then the service inclusive pack will not be available for you. It has to be bought before the first service is done.

q96169we

Post by q96169we » Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:58 pm

Russ Z4 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:11 am
    ori wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:35 am Starts tonight.

So if you want anything from the store there will be discounts.
    Last year I got the high beam assist and this year I plan on getting the service inclusive as I’ve decided I’ll be keeping my car long enough.

Other people who have had there services end might want to renew at the discounted prices.
    Can you remember what the high beam assist cost was?
    Full price was £160 last year. I bought it last black friday sale at £112.

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:10 pm

q96169we wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:57 pm
    Argyll Andy wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:49 am Went on for a quick nosey after reading this as mine might be here slightly longer than anticipated, says not available for our cars??

Or does it only become available at Black Friday?

Does it say same for yours?
    Have your car had its first service so far? If it has, then the service inclusive pack will not be available for you. It has to be bought before the first service is done.
    Car’s just over a year old so no service yet. Mileage is 15k+ so heading for first service by mileage rather than time :thumbsup:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)

ori

Post by ori » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:50 pm

Argyll Andy, can you blame the car for not understanding you? I barely understand you! ;)

I don’t understand why service inclusive isn’t available to us. It should be. My car is under a year old and hasn’t had its first service.

Argyll Andy
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:09 pm

ori wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:50 pm Argyll Andy, can you blame the car for not understanding you? I barely understand you! :wink:
      Cheeky fecker :rofl:

Nanu
        Lifer
        Lifer

Post by Nanu » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:47 pm

Scubaregs wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:44 pm
        Russ Z4 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:50 pm Is the high beam assist actually worth it? I havent missed it... more pissed by the fact that I accidentally pressed the button and I got a nag screen.
        I thought about it last year as had a 40 mile commute each way and 12 hour day/night shifts. Never bothered as new redundancy was coming. My commute is now 4.9 miles each way, most of it on well lit dual carriageway so not worth £160 to me.
        I rarely drive at night so save £160 big ones
        G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
        E89 35is Valencia Orange
        E89 28i Crimson
        E89 25i White

Roadster_Surrey

Post by Roadster_Surrey » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:46 pm

I never liked high beam assist on my other cars. It always annoyed me that I switch on high beam and the car has to think for a moment to check if it can be switched on. Without it, I just switch it on and it works instantly. I use high beam often near my home on unlit dual carriageway.

Also, it used to be £160. So they hiked the price to £200 and now offering the discount. It's not like the production cost went up, it's already installed on the car, it's just software change.
        Last edited by Roadster_Surrey on Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Z4monster

Post by Z4monster » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:47 pm

ori wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:50 pm Argyll Andy, can you blame the car for not understanding you? I barely understand you! ;)

I don’t understand why service inclusive isn’t available to us. It should be. My car is under a year old and hasn’t had its first service.
        AFAIK BMW have not been offering Service Inclusive as a product due to volatility in prices. They have started offering it again now but only via the dealer network and not online. I bought it two years ago on Black Friday for my previous Z4 but now i've swapped cars, it's not valid any longer. Grrrh! :headbang: Lost out on the deal overall.

ronk
        Lifer
        Lifer

Post by ronk » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:54 pm

I thought Service Inclusive is only available from new?
        You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
        So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Scubaregs
        Lifer
        Lifer

Post by Scubaregs » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:00 pm

ronk wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:54 pm I thought Service Inclusive is only available from new?
        Nope, got mine in the BF sale last year.
        Dealer knew nothing about it when I enquired beforehand, they will sell you a service plan but I don’t think they can sell you a service inclusive plan.
        Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
        Image Image

ori

Post by ori » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:14 am

Z4monster, it’s available on most cars on the connected drive app. On the z4 it is available to buy on new order at the moment for £746 I think.

I wanted to buy it, but if it isn’t available I’ll go pay as you go. ;)

Nanu
        Lifer
        Lifer

Post by Nanu » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:54 pm

ori wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:14 am Z4monster, it’s available on most cars on the connected drive app. On the z4 it is available to buy on new order at the moment for £746 I think.

I wanted to buy it, but if it isn’t available I’ll go pay as you go. ;)
        fairly sure your right and have seen it advertised on the BMW App along with service packs. Fortunately I am lucky the Connected drive Pro was an option the previous owner of my girl opted for :D
        G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
        E89 35is Valencia Orange
        E89 28i Crimson
        E89 25i White

ori

Post by ori » Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:29 pm

So I contacted connected drive and they confirmed that this year they aren’t offering the Black Friday sale on the service inclusive.
        Z4 service inclusive is available through a bmw dealership though (at full price obviously)