Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wind noise from either window, despite doing a window reset?

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
mike1

Post by mike1 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:33 am

Very helpful, thanks for taking the time.

longshaw

Post by longshaw » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:37 pm

:o Wow, awesome thread!!!
Thank you
Adam L - e85 Sterling Grey

AveZ4coop

Post by AveZ4coop » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:46 pm

:thumbsup:
Montego blue 2006 BMW Z4 coupe 3.0si with black interior, ZHP, Whippy, 12mm front/16mm rear spacers on BBS 108's wrapped in Michelin PS4's. :driving:Brand new Pierburg water pump fitted at 101k after failure :cry: (should have done it at 100k) :headbang:

dan@bar

Post by dan@bar » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:25 pm

Hiya.

I had high hopes for this, as these seeming silly routines often work a treat. My problem is that the up button doesn’t always work as an up button! If the drivers window is fully or partially up and I pull the window switch up, the window will go fully down. It then takes several try’s before the window reacts at all and I have to hold it in the up position for it to close fully (if I release the up before it’s fully closed, it stops, and pulling the up again often sends the window back dow again!). So the above reset procedures are near impossible to carry out successfully as the window won’t go back up as it should, messing up the routine and the reset.

Has anyone got any ideas as to what the cause is? Could it just be a dirty or fault switch? Could it be a control unit? Any help welcome!!!

Thanks Dan
Thanks,
Dan.
2004 E85 2.5 SE aka Nena 99!

FunkyGBrown

Post by FunkyGBrown » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:15 pm

Bumping an old thread but the rear of the glass on the passenger side doesn't quite sit flush with the door seal. Have flipped the rear most cover off and this is what I see (pic attached). Is this the nut or the screw? I'm attempting the 3rd method listed.
Attachments
IMG_20221122_125333.jpg
IMG_20221122_125333.jpg (49.81 KiB) Viewed 296 times

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:11 pm

FunkyGBrown wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:15 pm Bumping an old thread but the rear of the glass on the passenger side doesn't quite sit flush with the door seal. Have flipped the rear most cover off and this is what I see (pic attached). Is this the nut or the screw? I'm attempting the 3rd method listed.
It's always been a 10mm nut on mine. Loosen it and push it outwards then tighten it. Or get someone to push the window in at the top.
There are two blanks close together. Check the other one just in case.
You only need to loosen it a little bit, so no harm in trying and seeing if you get any movement.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

FunkyGBrown

Post by FunkyGBrown » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:25 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:11 pm
FunkyGBrown wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:15 pm Bumping an old thread but the rear of the glass on the passenger side doesn't quite sit flush with the door seal. Have flipped the rear most cover off and this is what I see (pic attached). Is this the nut or the screw? I'm attempting the 3rd method listed.
It's always been a 10mm nut on mine. Loosen it and push it outwards then tighten it. Or get someone to push the window in at the top.
There are two blanks close together. Check the other one just in case.
You only need to loosen it a little bit, so no harm in trying and seeing if you get any movement.
Cool cheers I'll give this a go!