Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

CarFirm Peterborough - BMW M6(YC62 BTE)

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:24 am

Nightmare. I hope you get sorted asap!
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flimper » Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:27 am

I've been there once before myself buying a performance car from a Joe Bloggs garage that went tits up, never again, live and learn
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:01 pm

Doofus wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:19 pm At this point I get in touch with solicitors. I also report Eye MoT Test Station to the DVSA for a false MoT.
Eye MOT centre is a long way from where Car Firm are based. Eye is the opposite side of Peterborough, there are loads of MOT garages nearer.
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Doofus

Post by Doofus » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:36 pm

Pondrew wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:00 pm They are the shower on the A1 just north of Wansford, in an old service station, yes?
I live quite close to them and have seen many, many cars advertised by them. I visited them once (looking at an M4). That was enough for me. I dread to think where they source their cars, but they all seem to be utter crap. Admittedly they are relatively cheap, but for a very good reason.

I have a feeling they hoover up all the German performance cars cheap that don't sell at auction TBH. :(

As far as dodgy MOTs and the like; unless you live around the area it's hard to explain; but 'laws' don't really get much attention in this part of the world. Sort of optional.
Yes they are. I think you are right, well I know you are right....just realised it to late in my case unfortunately.
Pondrew wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:01 pm Eye MOT centre is a long way from where Car Firm are based. Eye is the opposite side of Peterborough, there are loads of MOT garages nearer.
Yeah I did have a look when I got the paperwork and did think it was a bit of a trek for an MOT.

I followed the advice from here and contacted Barclays. I have had the initial deposit given back to me in the meantime this week, while its been investigated, waiting on the bigger chunk of change to be investigated as well so that may appear back in my account to.

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:19 pm

Sincerely hopes it works out and doesn't cost you anything. :thumbsup:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:23 pm

I hope you are well on the way to 100% sorted now :thumbsup:
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nanu » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:55 pm

Trading Standards should be heavily involved. I would also ask if the car was advertised on the garage website. If so I would be looking at the wording and what exactly it was they were advertising. If any discrepancies, contact the advertising Standards Agency. They don't have the same teeth as Trading Standards but the more official agencies you have on your side the better.

Good luck and keep at them.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White