Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

We are wasting our time

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

We are wasting our time

Post by Nanu » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:54 pm

axelleveau wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:00 pm Some of you should look into how much emission we have exported to thrid world countries but that ultimately are still caused by our consumption :thumbsdown:
Agree in parts, we also export our hypocrisy.

For instance our importation of LPG from the USA. This gas is from fracking, which is then liquefied, further polluting the atmosphere, shipped 3000 miles across the pond, turned back into natural gas, all of which causes even more pollution.

Much cleaner and more environmentally friendly if we frack our own gas, but eco zealots won't allow it.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

We are wasting our time

Post by Pondrew » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:30 pm

Nanu wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:54 pm Much cleaner and more environmentally friendly if we frack our own gas, but eco zealots won't allow it.
From what I have seen, don't think it's as simple as that. Geological differences and fears in us being on a small island and, say, the US being on a much bigger one from what I've read.
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

We are wasting our time

Post by ronk » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:22 pm

Pondrew wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:30 pm
Nanu wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:54 pm Much cleaner and more environmentally friendly if we frack our own gas, but eco zealots won't allow it.
From what I have seen, don't think it's as simple as that. Geological differences and fears in us being on a small island and, say, the US being on a much bigger one from what I've read.
Theres a lot of "Not in my backyard" as well
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

We are wasting our time

Post by Nanu » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:29 pm

Pondrew wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:30 pm
depends what you read I suppose. I ask why not open one well, frack with both government and some agency such as friends of the earth, having access to all the data and let’s see. If the anti fracking fraternity are so sure that their dire predictions of doom are right, then a test we’ll will prove them right and kill the debate once and for all.

They won’t go for the of course as even the supposed earthquakes caused by the site near Blackpool only created a reading on the Richter scale, less than those being created by tunnelling on HS2 and Crossrail.

Very fewNIMBY’s around Blackpool who supported the sites already in place due to the jobs it would bring to the area
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White