Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wet seatbelts

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Vagueante

Wet seatbelts

Post by Vagueante » Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:00 pm

Hi,

My Z4 its my daily and only car (my wife has the four seater...).

This last day its been raining a lot, and today I found that seatbelts on both sides, when i pull them a little are wet, not dropping water but wet.

I've opened the trunk (i exchanged on both sides, some months some rubber near the cockipt), and cannot see water anywhere, nor inside the cockpit on the carpet, everything looks dry.

Is there any "holes" that may be clogged, and that i can clear?

I didn't manage to find any point of entry.

Thank you

Deepseaskateboard

Wet seatbelts

Post by Deepseaskateboard » Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:44 pm

Could be worth using some gummi pfledge on your window seals. Especially the top ones. Or Vaseline.

Make sure the recesses which the windows go into are clear of any debris.

Make sure your rear windows are closing all the way, sometimes they can be left down slightly. Make sure they are fully closed by using the master window switch.

Sometimes pressure washing the car can cause water to enter into the cabin through the windows / seals around the seat belts attachments. So take care when pressure washing and stand further back / turn down pressure.

That’s about all I can think of.

When treating the seals, check for any damage or cracks etc.