Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New Government energy cap

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
N4LLY

Post by N4LLY » Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:10 pm

My monthly bill is less than the £66.-- rebate :P Currently.
Not had heating on since March 8)

2014 20 M sport Valencia Orange

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:00 pm

ronk wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:01 pm All this average price cap nonsense- why don’t they just say what the max price per Kw/hr is along with the max standing charge/ day
Or is that too simple?
Because they think that the average person is too stupid to understand it. Same as on the news they always refer to something that's big in 'x number of football pitches', or 'x olympic-sized swimming pools. Catering to the thick British people; which is apparently all of us.

Also if they reported it as "the new price cap, which isn't really a cap at all" would look even more stupid!
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

axelleveau

Post by axelleveau » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:11 pm

ronk wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:01 pm All this average price cap nonsense- why don’t they just say what the max price per Kw/hr is along with the max standing charge/ day
Or is that too simple?
It depends who you are talking to and how much you want to hide or scare...

But yeah, personally I'd like to have a clear unit price and standing charge price cap being mentionned (actually I'd prefer standing charge to not be a thing all together to put the focus on consumption). That would pretty much make the current government support become an allowance, similarly to the tax allowance, maybe households could have a fixed amount of kWh of electricity and gas per person for free and then start paying... I might even dream about having a public energy supply like France used to have until it got messed up by the renewable energy boom and EDF had to start selling electricity at loss for other companies to then make a profit on when reselling to end customers :fuelfire:
Last edited by axelleveau on Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gone - Ford Ka MK2 Petrol - Black
Will hang around to carry materials/people and in emergency - Ford Fiesta MK7 1.0 Ecoboost - Black, white rally rims, white decals, remapped
Now - Z4 Coupe - Montego Blue: Here

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scubaregs » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:58 pm

We need to go back to burning witches at the stake, great family day out, easy marshmallow toasting and of course a fantastic heat off the fire itself.
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image

brillomaster

Post by brillomaster » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:10 pm

just hook up generators to the houses of parliament - theres enough hot air being spouted in there to heat half of london.

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nanu » Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:48 pm

Just tried that this morning and by lunchtime they had changed it back. :thumbsdown:

Just going to let them do it and claim £100 back off them every month and see who gets sick first
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nanu » Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:52 pm

Scubaregs wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:58 pm We need to go back to burning witches at the stake, great family day out, easy marshmallow toasting and of course a fantastic heat off the fire itself.
A famous quote from Lady Blackadder, "The cold is Gods way of saying burn more Catholics"

Couldn't possibly agree of course 8)
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White