Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

iDrive map update

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Big Bad Boris

iDrive map update

Post by Big Bad Boris » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:20 pm

Just noticed Mrs Boris’ recently acquired X3 mapping had not been updated since the car was new in 2013. So I bought the map updates from BMW, and found out it was divided into two files, one for west EU and one for east EU - i initially updated (via USB stick) for west EU since that’s all we really need for uk and that seemed to work fine, I then added the eastern eu version (why not it’s included in the price) but now the sat nav doesn’t seem to be able to locate where we are.

If I check the “version” it now shows as Eastern Europe 2022. So I guess the question is.. is there a menu in the iDrive somewhere where you can merely switch regions? Or basically have I overwritten the Western Europe version and need to go back the square one and reload it into the car …..overwriting the Eastern version.

I don’t have iDrive in my 30i so this is my first stab at maps etc.

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

iDrive map update

Post by B21 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:53 pm

There probably isn’t enough space for it to hold both sets of maps..so I suspect you’ve got a map where your location can’t be shown on… :tumbleweed:

There’s no region switching logic… :thumbsdown:
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup:

ProfCJJ

iDrive map update

Post by ProfCJJ » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:18 am

Big Bad Boris wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:20 pm Just noticed Mrs Boris’ recently acquired X3 mapping had not been updated since the car was new in 2013. So I bought the map updates from BMW, and found out it was divided into two files, one for west EU and one for east EU - i initially updated (via USB stick) for west EU since that’s all we really need for uk and that seemed to work fine, I then added the eastern eu version (why not it’s included in the price) but now the sat nav doesn’t seem to be able to locate where we are.

If I check the “version” it now shows as Eastern Europe 2022. So I guess the question is.. is there a menu in the iDrive somewhere where you can merely switch regions? Or basically have I overwritten the Western Europe version and need to go back the square one and reload it into the car …..overwriting the Eastern version.

I don’t have iDrive in my 30i so this is my first stab at maps etc.
Yes - they cannot co-exist, so it’s one of the other I’m afraid.
---
Christopher

Z4 E89 sDrive 30i Msport in Alpine White with Kansas red leather interior and brushed aluminium carbon fibre look.

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

iDrive map update

Post by Argyll Andy » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:55 am

Tell the wife to keep driving East until it recognises where she is. Then tell her she’ll need to stay there as it’s the only place her car works properly :wink:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Swiftly
    Lifer
    Lifer

iDrive map update

Post by Swiftly » Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:20 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:55 am Tell the wife to keep driving East until it recognises where she is. Then tell her she’ll need to stay there as it’s the only place her car works properly :wink:
    :lol: :thumbsup:
    Replacement, G29 Z4 M40i Lci in Alpine White :wub:
    Gone G29 Z4 M40i in San Francisco Red
    Gone F22 M240i auto coupe in Estoril Blue
    Gone 2007 E85 3.0si Sport in Silver Grey,

Big Bad Boris

iDrive map update

Post by Big Bad Boris » Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:10 pm

Thanks chaps, have reinstalled the Western Maps (again) and ll seems to be up to date working as it should :thumbsup:

Big Bad Boris

iDrive map update

Post by Big Bad Boris » Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:16 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:55 am Tell the wife to keep driving East until it recognises where she is. Then tell her she’ll need to stay there as it’s the only place her car works properly :wink:
    I passed on your sage advice to the Mrs. She said she didn’t fancy Eastern Europe at this time of year… she was last seen heading toward Argyle and Bute… be afraid, very afraid :-P

Scubaregs
    Lifer
    Lifer

iDrive map update

Post by Scubaregs » Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:19 pm

Big Bad Boris wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:16 pm
    I passed on your sage advice to the Mrs. She said she didn’t fancy Eastern Europe at this time of year… she was last seen heading toward Argyle and Bute… be afraid, very afraid :-P
    She does realise she won't be able to tell it apart from Eastern Europe?
    Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
    Image Image

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

iDrive map update

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:40 pm

Scubaregs wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:19 pm
    She does realise she won't be able to tell it apart from Eastern Europe?
    Says the man residing is Paisley of all f***ing places :poke: :oops:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)

Argyll Andy
      Lifer
      Lifer

iDrive map update

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:40 pm

That’s ok, I live in Argyll so feck knows where she’s going to end up :wink: :rofl:

Big Bad Boris

iDrive map update

Post by Big Bad Boris » Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:56 pm

He He, she’ll find it. I told her clearly to aim initially for Loch Fyne, which is on the outskirts of Warsaw on the Stockholm coast. She shouldn’t be gone long :D

Scubaregs
        Lifer
        Lifer

iDrive map update

Post by Scubaregs » Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:23 pm

Paisley has a cathedral, an abbey and a university, the highlands have coos. :P

Image Image

Argyll Andy
        Lifer
        Lifer

iDrive map update

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:14 pm

Big Bad Boris wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:56 pm He He, she’ll find it. I told her clearly to aim initially for Loch Fyne, which is on the outskirts of Warsaw on the Stockholm coast. She shouldn’t be gone long :D
        If she’s going there you’d have been much better leaving that Eastern version of the maps on there :poke: :rofl:

Argyll Andy
          Lifer
          Lifer

iDrive map update

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:18 pm

Scubaregs wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:23 pm Paisley has a cathedral, an abbey and a university, the highlands have coos. :P
          You forgot the junkies, jakeys and St Mitren in the Paisley list :poke: and I loved when they just decided to call all these college’s universities, a stroke of genius :D I’ll take the coo’s in mine no problem :thumbsup: oh and we have a university too, see previous statement :lol:

Scubaregs
            Lifer
            Lifer

iDrive map update

Post by Scubaregs » Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:30 pm

A uni of coos though. :rofl:

Image Image