Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

CMWheels

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
BeardyJon

CMWheels

Post by BeardyJon » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:31 pm

Anyone know what's going on with CMWheels? Used to have a really great selection of decently priced replica wheels but looks like stock is dwindling and there's not a lot of choice left. Have they fallen victim to Brexit import fees?
2012 E89 sDrive20i M Sport Celtic Tuning Stage 3 Remap
2008 E86 Z4 M Sport 2.0i - Gone
2003 E46 316ti M Sport - Gone

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

CMWheels

Post by Pondrew » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:56 pm

I have noticed this too.
I was thinking of buying the 'knock off' 666m replicas they used to sell. They were out of stock back in March. I phoned them and they said they should have new stock in May, but they didn't have them in May, or since.

I would think if it is just import duty problems they would have just upped the price
Maybe the Chinese manufacturer they used has been slapped with a law suit? Who knows?
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

CMWheels

Post by mr.tourette » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:21 pm

Think Brexit is part of the problem..getting any car parts outside of the country is a lot more of a ballache nowadays as companies can't be arsed with dealing with our red tape when their product is easily sold elsewhere without the bullshit. I ordered some motorbike stuff from France recently and the supplier had a minimum order limit for the UK, basically unless you were spending over £300 he couldn't be bothered wasting his time dealing with the red tape..pre brexit I could order a 50p bolt from him
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D