Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Restraint system issues

MeonZ

Restraint system issues

Post by MeonZ » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:37 pm

Hi Folks,

Can anyone help me out here? Was out all day in the car Saturday and then Sunday morning got the attached error.

Car drives fine, just with that error and the warning lights on the dash.

2011 E89 23i.
BMW error.jpg
BMW error.jpg (17.62 KiB) Viewed 349 times
E89 23SI M-Sport Highline (Same colour combo as the top left corner...)

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Restraint system issues

Post by B21 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:46 pm

As the message implies..a fault with one or more of the systems….apart from the unlikely loose connection yet again needs a code reader to narrow down where the fault may lie..
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup:

MeonZ

Restraint system issues

Post by MeonZ » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:11 am

Thanks, I was hoping it might be one of those 'unique BMW qualities' that is fixed by taking off the rear near side wheel whilst it's raining and saying a few words in mayan or something.

Out of interest, are there any particular cable / wire connections that are more fragile than others that could cause this?
E89 23SI M-Sport Highline (Same colour combo as the top left corner...)

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Restraint system issues

Post by B21 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:04 am

MeonZ wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:11 am Thanks, I was hoping it might be one of those 'unique BMW qualities' that is fixed by taking off the rear near side wheel whilst it's raining and saying a few words in mayan or something.

Out of interest, are there any particular cable / wire connections that are more fragile than others that could cause this?
I don’t think there are any specific cables..corrosion MAY be an issue on a connector…if the interior has got wet through a roof leak..

That’s why you need the code reader to point you at least in the right direction. :thumbsup:
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup:

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Restraint system issues

Post by flybobbie » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:23 am

Got that warning when unplugged, i thinks it's the yellow plug under seat to remove seat.
Check you haven't rammed something under seat.
I think it only cleared through the obd reader.

Busterboo

Restraint system issues

Post by Busterboo » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:34 am

MeonZ wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:11 am Thanks, I was hoping it might be one of those 'unique BMW qualities' that is fixed by ... saying a few words in mayan or something.
Good one.
Vidi, vici, veni