Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Heated seats

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Colin_E

Heated seats

Post by Colin_E » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:33 pm

Pondrew wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:26 pm I don't drive it though
Fixed that for you :P

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Heated seats

Post by Nanu » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:42 pm

Drove to the airport last week at 4am and the temperature was 8C. After less than a mile the heated seats came on automatically and so did the steering wheel (an option I have never had before). Took me a little while to realise that they were configured to come on once the outside temp was below 10C. A very nice surprise and now wouldn't be without them. Then again I am getting on a bit, so appreciate the finer things in life now.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Heated seats

Post by Pondrew » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:51 pm

Colin_E wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:33 pm
Pondrew wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:26 pm I don't drive it though
Fixed that for you :P
:lol: :lol:
Indeed, my mistake. :thumbsup:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Heated seats

Post by mr.tourette » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:53 pm

I simply would not buy a car without heated seats, convertible or not, its an absolute must on a z4 imho
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Heated seats

Post by ronk » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:58 pm

I had Saabs and Volvos for years so the heated seats are no novelty and just accepted - but the heated steering wheel!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

AnubisZed

Heated seats

Post by AnubisZed » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:25 pm

You kids don't know you're born, in my day we suffered stone cold pvc seating, and that after you'd battled your way into the car in the first place in the dead of winter.
No heated seats etc, we even had to wind the windows down by hand... WIND them, BY HAND!!! just to keep clearing the door mirror, that's if you didn't slice your hand on the mirror glass. Then the bloody windscreen would freeze up, ON THE INSIDE!

You kids today... pah... pansies!!
Dave
2011, 23i, Grey with Red leather. 8)

My E89 YouTube channel - BMW Z4 Mods
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCttNBt ... UQnoEvKB2Q

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Heated seats

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:37 pm

AnubisZed wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:25 pm You kids don't know you're born, in my day we suffered stone cold pvc seating, and that after you'd battled your way into the car in the first place in the dead of winter.
No heated seats etc, we even had to wind the windows down by hand... WIND them, BY HAND!!! just to keep clearing the door mirror, that's if you didn't slice your hand on the mirror glass. Then the bloody windscreen would freeze up, ON THE INSIDE!

Too right - my first 2 cars didn't even have a heated rear window!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Heated seats

Post by MikeyH » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:32 pm

Wind up windows, you don’t know were born. Luxury :thumbsup: power steering on a British car? Not likely, only for wimps :rofl: :thumbsup:
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Heated seats

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:48 pm

My first car was a MK2 Cortina with a dynamo - heated seats, HRW, electric windows were the stuff of dreams!

It couldn't cope with headlights, stereo, screen wipers and heater fan all at the same time so I had to be selective so I usually ditched the heater fan and wiped the inside of the screen with one of those chamois pads, that I then left in the car so it misted up again while parked. :roll:

Still have fond memories of it just because it was my first car, but it really was a clapped-out rust-bucket POS. :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Heated seats

Post by MikeyH » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:00 pm

Yes but they were proper cars back in the day, happy memories of freezing hands and a cold bum. Stopping every few yards to clean the frost off the windows. Love my E85 though, just enough mod cons to make it comfy without taking away the enjoyment, not going back there again thank you. :thumbsup:
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Heated seats

Post by Smartbear » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:12 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:37 pm
AnubisZed wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:25 pm You kids don't know you're born, in my day we suffered stone cold pvc seating, and that after you'd battled your way into the car in the first place in the dead of winter.

Too right - my first 2 cars didn't even have a heated rear window!
I had a Hillman Imp in the 80’s which didn’t have a heated rear screen, i remember extending the engine coolant pipes to form a “snake” under the rear window - worked well to clear the rear screen when the engine warmed up! :)
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Heated seats

Post by Pondrew » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:49 pm

AnubisZed wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:25 pm WIND them, BY HAND!!! just to keep clearing the door mirror,
DOOR mirror?.....rich kid. :roll:
Wing mirror pal (and only one cos the near side was an extra). And we had to rub two bits of coal together in our cardboard box to keep warm of a night, which were always freezing even in July. :|
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

Heated seats

Post by dr_john » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:01 am

All my Zeds have had heated seats, I only switch on when it’s bloody cold. I find that in the time it takes to feel the heat coming through the cabin has heated up enough anyway.

I don’t tend to put the top down in cold weather, maybe I should give that a try this winter. :)
Sapphire Black G29 2.0 MSport with Technology pack

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Heated seats

Post by ronk » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:04 am

I had an old Ford with vacuum powered windscreen wipers
Fine downhill - useless uphill!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Busterboo

Heated seats

Post by Busterboo » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:42 am

The heated seats are good - although whoever uses them on #3 must have shoe leather for skin - and a pair of gloves is OK on a winter's day with the roof down, but I still miss a heated steering wheel.
Vidi, vici, veni