Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

android screen recommendation

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Richgt6

Post by Richgt6 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:54 pm

Hi I have a non idrive z4. could someone please recommend a new system for me that comes with a controller and carplay.
There seems to be numerous systems but you cant beet a recommendation.
Thanks for your help.
Rich

AnubisZed

Post by AnubisZed » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:18 pm

Well, you've cone to the right place :rofl:
Here's my original video on how to install one, and in the description is a link to the original developer and supplier of these....
https://youtu.be/VC9VFJBDFQM

The video is over 3 years old now, but the fitting method is exactly the same. Operating system now uses Android 11 and has better ram etc as well as built-in Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Relatively straightforward to fit, but I also fit these for owners as well, so can answer any questions you may have :thumbsup:
Dave
2011, 23i, Grey with Red leather. 8)

My E89 YouTube channel - BMW Z4 Mods
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCttNBt ... UQnoEvKB2Q

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MikeyH » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:07 pm

I remember watching that a while back on YouTube before getting my zed, never realised you were a forum member. Great job and a great video :thumbsup:
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

Richgt6

Post by Richgt6 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:03 pm

Thanks for the recommendation that looks exactly what I'm looking for. perhaps I will wait for the exchange rate to go back down a bit first.