Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

CarPlay/AA MMI box with MOST connection

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
birdy_z4

Post by birdy_z4 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:57 am

AnubisZed wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:23 pm
birdy_z4 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:26 pm
Great thread, post and vids as always Dave, I installed the previous aux which, I am quite happy with, is it worth changing to the most box
If it works fine and you're happy with it then don't change it. I only changed mine mainly for the channel content and curious to see if it would make a difference. If someone was in the position to buy one from scratch then yes defo go for this one :thumbsup:

Dave do you have the codes to enable the cd changer please?

Looking online I can only find a ccc install which was to add $672 and update module not listed on the z4

Thanks

Carl

AnubisZed

Post by AnubisZed » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:18 am

birdy_z4 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:57 am Dave do you have the codes to enable the cd changer please?

Looking online I can only find a ccc install which was to add $672 and update module not listed on the z4

Thanks

Carl
All shown in my video, I've posted the link at the top of page 4 of this thread :thumbsup:
Dave
2011, 23i, Grey with Red leather. 8)

My E89 YouTube channel - BMW Z4 Mods
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCttNBt ... UQnoEvKB2Q

birdy_z4

Post by birdy_z4 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:28 am

AnubisZed wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:18 am
birdy_z4 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:57 am Dave do you have the codes to enable the cd changer please?

Thanks Dave, I stopped before the end bad mistake lol.

So if you have not got a CD changer do you not need to add $672 into FA in CAS and NFRM?

Carl

Thanks

Carl
All shown in my video, I've posted the link at the top of page 4 of this thread :thumbsup:

AnubisZed

Post by AnubisZed » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:14 pm

birdy_z4 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:28 am
AnubisZed wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:18 am

Thanks

Carl

So if you have not got a CD changer do you not need to add $672 into FA in CAS and NFRM?

Carl
If you've got a CD Changer then you are good to go. You only need to code if you don't have a physical one (code 672) or the prep (code 694). :thumbsup:
Dave

birdy_z4

Post by birdy_z4 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:35 pm

AnubisZed wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:14 pm
birdy_z4 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:28 am
AnubisZed wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:18 am All shown in my video, I've posted the link at the top of page 4 of this thread :thumbsup:

Carl
If you've got a CD Changer then you are good to go. You only need to code if you don't have a physical one (code 672) or the prep (code 694). :thumbsup:
Presume this is in cas, nfrm ? Any others modules

Some sites say to delete the 694 if it is there what’s your opinion

birdy_z4

Post by birdy_z4 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:00 pm

Updating vo on cas and nfrm with $672 only plus the coding of cdm to mp3 as per Dave’s video and this feed worked like a treat

Snowii

Post by Snowii » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:39 am

Wolter wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:44 pm
Wolter wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:58 am Just an other update from my side.
Received a complete new replacement unit this week.
After installing it (including new wiring etc.) I am experiencing the exact same issue as with previous box; glitching of the oem menu ‘s on the display after using the mr12volt box.
Video of box itself/carplay etc. remain ok.
The glitching gets worse the longer the box is in use up to a point the display does not show any oem menu display at all anymore (completely black or alternating black/red display)….frustrating.

As said, if I leave the box in operation the video remains ok and glitch-free. Issue only arrises after using the box and switching back to the oem system using the menu button.

Anyone else have installed a comparable box in comparable setup and experience no issues?
Last update on this topic from my side and unfortunately not a positive one.
After some communication back and forth with mr12volt I decided to return the replacement box and ask for a refund.
There seems to be no solution for the glitching I was experiencing.
According to mr12volt it has probably something to do with the age of my car and they think “many funny things can happen over time” … :|
They told me that after 9 months of selling the box there where 5-7 reports of the same issue.
Anyways, the carplay functionality and super audio with lots of bass was not worth it for me due to the trade of i.e. constant glitching oem displays.

Btw great video Dave!
guys, unfortunately I have to report experiencing the same glitching issues with the mr12volt blue DSP box. After having a first longer ride with it, when reaching the destination and reversing, when PDC showed up, the screen was glitching as crazy.

I recorded it and sent it to mr12volt right away and waiting for a response at the moment but given what Wolter has posted, I am guessing the outlook is not great :( I am wondering whether the same issue has been recorded with the nonDSP box as well?

Another solution might be changing of the original MOST cabling for a new one, but question is whether that would help with the issue and if that is too much of an investment. I would miss this functionality greatly so still trying to find a solution to this...
2009 E89 SDrive35i

AnubisZed

Post by AnubisZed » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:59 am

Snowii wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:39 am guys, unfortunately I have to report experiencing the same glitching issues with the mr12volt blue DSP box. After having a first longer ride with it, when reaching the destination and reversing, when PDC showed up, the screen was glitching as crazy.

I recorded it and sent it to mr12volt right away and waiting for a response at the moment but given what Wolter has posted, I am guessing the outlook is not great :( I am wondering whether the same issue has been recorded with the nonDSP box as well?

Another solution might be changing of the original MOST cabling for a new one, but question is whether that would help with the issue and if that is too much of an investment. I would miss this functionality greatly so still trying to find a solution to this...
This glitching you've reported, is it only on the PDC screen? Because if it is then it's possibly the power supply to your camera. I had the same issue but solved it by installing one of these....
https://amzn.eu/d/aLzFUdS

It smooths out the 12v and in turn steadies the image :thumbsup:
Dave

Snowii

Post by Snowii » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:47 am

I don`t have a camera (maybe I have mistaken PDC just for the sensors?) and anyway it was glitching also in the radio mode...

but still your tweak might potentially work no? ie. using it for the mr12volt unit itself?

friend of mine with a 5er and an aux CC box told me he had the same glitching issue and the cables were the culprit, he gave them proper check and made sure all the connectioncs were solid and the issue went away so there is still hope.
2009 E89 SDrive35i

AnubisZed

Post by AnubisZed » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:25 am

Snowii wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:47 am I don`t have a camera (maybe I have mistaken PDC just for the sensors?) and anyway it was glitching also in the radio mode...

but still your tweak might potentially work no? ie. using it for the mr12volt unit itself?

friend of mine with a 5er and an aux CC box told me he had the same glitching issue and the cables were the culprit, he gave them proper check and made sure all the connectioncs were solid and the issue went away so there is still hope.
Arrr right, no camera, ok sorry thought thats was the issue. Forget that box then as its for cameras.

Yes changing the LVDS may solve it, but that's no guarantee unfortunately.
Dave

Chippie

Post by Chippie » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:22 pm

Thinking of fitting one of these so I’ve been doing a bit of research on the mr12volt unit and apparently you can change the boot logo at startup to BMW
1. Go to the Settings -> System -> Factory Mode
2. Click on Advanced Setting
3. This will bring up a password prompt. Enter “688612” and press OK
4. Click on Boot Logo
5. Scroll through until you see the BMW emblem. Click on it. This will save the settings.
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Post by B21 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:31 pm

Chippie wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:22 pm Thinking of fitting one of these so I’ve been doing a bit of research on the mr12volt unit and apparently you can change the boot logo at startup to BMW
4. Click on Boot Logo
5. Scroll through until you see the BMW emblem. Click on it. This will save the settings.
Was that stopping you from buying one? :tumbleweed: :rofl:
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard..

Chippie

Post by Chippie » Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:36 pm

B21 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:31 pm
Chippie wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:22 pm Thinking of fitting one of these so I’ve been doing a bit of research on the mr12volt unit and apparently you can change the boot logo at startup to BMW
4. Click on Boot Logo
No not at all 😁, just thought it may be useful, there are gold fish with better memories than me so thought I’d better get it in writing before, before, before oh what ever.
Have you got yours fitted and working yet?
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

AnubisZed

Post by AnubisZed » Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:03 pm

4. Click on Boot Logo
Excellent, I wasn't aware of this, but to be honest I only see the boot logo about 1 in 50 times of starting my car, this is the same as the other mmi boxes you can actually place anything there (with the correct size and file type), but again you very rarely see it :thumbsup:
Dave

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Post by B21 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:12 pm

Chippie wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:36 pm
B21 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:31 pm
4. Click on Boot Logo
No not at all 😁, just thought it may be useful, there are gold fish with better memories than me so thought I’d better get it in writing before, before, before oh what ever.
Have you got yours fitted and working yet?
Hi Chippie, I'm ready to start anytime now..other repair jobs for other ICE devices keep being wheeled into my garage for overhaui / service so I keep getting delayed....soon though :thumbsup:
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard..