Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Decent alignment shop

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
plenty

Decent alignment shop

Post by plenty » Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:31 pm

Anyone know one within reasonable drive of NW London that knows their way around these cars and will adjust to my own settings?

Am in a random shop right now and they don’t know how to adjust the rears.

Special Kay

Decent alignment shop

Post by Special Kay » Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:19 pm

I don't know if this helps, but try and find a place that has a computerised hunter alignment system. It's the one that gives before and after print outs displaying your present alignment ( usually with red markers) and one corrected (usually displayed in green) I'm not in your area, so unfortunately couldn't recommend a business, but the one I've been using for the past 15 years has this system installed and it is always right first time. Good luck mate :thumbsup:

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Decent alignment shop

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:49 pm

Not too near you but my MC was transformed after I had it aligned to CSL settings by TWG Automotive in Camberley:- http://www.twgautomotive.co.uk/

Will who runs it is ex-Sytner and used to race in the BMW Compact Cup but now races Legends, which is probably why he invested in the laser alignment equipment! If it helps he does have a courtesy car for £15 a day last time I used it.

I know of two other MC owning forum members who take their cars there too, which is a pretty good recommendation.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

plenty

Decent alignment shop

Post by plenty » Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:57 pm

Thanks. The place I was in today had a Hunter type system but they could not figure out how to adjust at the rear. I explained to them the rear toe adjustment is built into the trailing arm mount but they said there should be an eccentric bolt. At that point I decided to cut my losses and will find a shop that is familiar with BMW trailing arms.
Last edited by plenty on Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sidewaze Samm

Decent alignment shop

Post by Sidewaze Samm » Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:58 pm

plenty wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:31 pm Anyone know one within reasonable drive of NW London that knows their way around these cars and will adjust to my own settings?
How handy is Chesham?
Try Wheels In Motion, 33 Chess Business Park, HP5 1SD 01494 797825
Certainly knowledgeable - I don't know how much they deal specifically with Zeds, but when I was there (with my SLK for adjustment outside of Merc spec) there were two Ferraris waiting which can't be a bad sign...
Give them a call and chat first. It's what I did before driving from Manchester!
2008 E85 3.0si
Space Grey, Dream Red New England heated Msports.
Xenons, MFSW, cruise, PDC, wind deflector.
ZHP, stubby, gloss black grilles, DLV box, gaptech, no CDV.

plenty

Decent alignment shop

Post by plenty » Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:59 pm

I have used WIM several times but they have sadly shut up shop.
Last edited by plenty on Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

plenty

Decent alignment shop

Post by plenty » Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:01 pm

<duplicate post>

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Decent alignment shop

Post by Scooba_Steve » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:13 pm

plenty wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:31 pm Anyone know one within reasonable drive of NW London that knows their way around these cars and will adjust to my own settings?

Hounslow tyres. Looks like a bit of a dive but they know what they are doing and will do custom if you ask.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

plenty

Decent alignment shop

Post by plenty » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:27 pm

Nice one - ta

Special Kay

Decent alignment shop

Post by Special Kay » Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:09 pm

Scooba_Steve wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:13 pm

Hounslow tyres. Looks like a bit of a dive but they know what they are doing and will do custom if you ask.
Oh cheers Steve, that's not a million miles away from my brother's house in Datchet :thumbsup:

plenty

Decent alignment shop

Post by plenty » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:35 am

Ended up going for these guys who are closer to me than Hounslow: https://www.goldenwheel.co.uk/

They were competent and decent value at £72 for all four wheels: full laser alignment with toe, camber and caster readings and happy to accommodate my requested custom settings.

Special Kay

Decent alignment shop

Post by Special Kay » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:47 pm

sounds good mate i'm glad you managed to sort it :thumbsup: