Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

WANTED Time to get back in an E86 after 10 years away

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
r5pny

Time to get back in an E86 after 10 years away

Post by r5pny » Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:55 pm

pvr wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:23 am Good news, man maths at its best :thumbsup:

Glad it worked for you, I guess you haven't seen the V5 to see if it says 'si' on it?
No, haven’t seen the V5, but the HPI, Full check I bought has it listed as BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe

The print out from BMW also has it listed as 3.0si and it lists all the Sport components.

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Zedebee » Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:48 pm

Apologies if you already know this, all BMW Z4 Coupes are 3.0Si, that’s the engine designation. Then they are either “Sport” or “SE”. Therefore yours could either be a Sport, or an SE with some Sport options specified.

The differences between SE and Sport as standard are M-Sport seats (not to be confused with sport seats which are standard on the SE), lower suspension by 15mm, slightly thicker Anti roll bars, some M-Sport badging and internal trim differences.

You could probably find out for sure by entering the VIN into a vin decoder such as bimmer.work which will tell you the factory spec and options list.
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

r5pny

Post by r5pny » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:19 pm

Zedebee wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:48 pm Apologies if you already know this, all BMW Z4 Coupes are 3.0Si, that’s the engine designation. Then they are either “Sport” or “SE”. Therefore yours could either be a Sport, or an SE with some Sport options specified.

The differences between SE and Sport as standard are M-Sport seats (not to be confused with sport seats which are standard on the SE), lower suspension by 15mm, slightly thicker Anti roll bars, some M-Sport badging and internal trim differences.

You could probably find out for sure by entering the VIN into a vin decoder such as bimmer.work which will tell you the factory spec and options list.
Thanks for the extra insights. Defo got all the M Sport elements. Out of interest I did a none scientific review of some of the cars on AutoTrader and Pistonheads and pretty much all the late 2008 and 2009 Z4 Coupe all come out as SE’s even when they are clearly full Sport Spec.

PAKZED

Post by PAKZED » Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:22 pm

r5pny wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:26 am Morning All, after 10 years away I am finally back and looking for an E86. Found one that is the exact spec I want but sadly it is lacking a service history... So reaching out to the Forum so see if anyone knows the following car...

Black BMW 3.0si Sport - Original Reg YK09 RKU, private plates of 22YXE, C6CRC, G12AME

The full background check looks OK, MoT and mileage seems to stack up, but the lack for service history has me worried. I spoke to my local BMW garage this morning and the VIN number confirmed the build and spec are bang on, but no service. Now that could be because it was a 2009 car and they didn't digitise their service records until a few years later.

The urge to buy a Coupe now has me making rash decisions :)

So any help appreciated.

If anyone is looking at selling their car, I am interest in a Sport, Manual with Cruise control and headed seats (ideally), and either Black, Grey or Silver.
Hi there I've got one in Montego blue one if that's any good?
Montego Blue 3.0si sport, manual black leather. FOR SALE
E36 328i auto Samoa blue, convertible. FOR SALE

PAKZED

Post by PAKZED » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:29 pm

PAKZED wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:22 pm
r5pny wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:26 am Morning All, after 10 years away I am finally back and looking for an E86. Found one that is the exact spec I want but sadly it is lacking a service history... So reaching out to the Forum so see if anyone knows the following car...

Black BMW 3.0si Sport - Original Reg YK09 RKU, private plates of 22YXE, C6CRC, G12AME

The full background check looks OK, MoT and mileage seems to stack up, but the lack for service history has me worried. I spoke to my local BMW garage this morning and the VIN number confirmed the build and spec are bang on, but no service. Now that could be because it was a 2009 car and they didn't digitise their service records until a few years later.

So any help appreciated.

If anyone is looking at selling their car, I am interest in a Sport, Manual with Cruise control and headed seats (ideally), and either Black, Grey or Silver.
Could save you a few 000's too!
Montego Blue 3.0si sport, manual black leather. FOR SALE
E36 328i auto Samoa blue, convertible. FOR SALE

r5pny

Post by r5pny » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:47 pm

PAKZED wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:29 pm
PAKZED wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:22 pm

So any help appreciated.

Could save you a few 000's too!
Thanks, however I have put a deposit down on one and it’s currently getting serviced and few bits sorting.