Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Philips Sonicare

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
DMike

Philips Sonicare

Post by DMike » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:00 pm

Bottom wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:57 pm I do feel the urge to share this though:
https://youtu.be/V39qPwKpcGg
:rofl: One vote for Oral-B, battery seems to last forever. Although a top of the line model, never needed the extra features.
2005 Z4 3.0i Sterling grey

Rockhopper

Philips Sonicare

Post by Rockhopper » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:16 pm

Sonicare fan here as well - interesting about the dentist comment - my dentist recommends and is always very impressed when i tell them I'm using a Sonicare.

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Philips Sonicare

Post by Nanu » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:16 pm

TitanTim wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:24 pm
sars wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:59 pm Philips Sonicare for me, every girl needs that rapid oscillating action in their life :thumbsup:
:worthless:

Tim.
The same comment on another thread involving stockings / holdups killed it when we didn't get any pics. Suspect the same outcome here :x
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Philips Sonicare

Post by john-e89 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:24 pm

ronk wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:29 pm :thumbsup:
Bottom wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:19 pm As a (retired!) dentist, Oral B every time. I even have to buy my own now :(
I think about 99% of dentists use them.

That says it all - thanks :thumbsup:
I have an ancient Oral B somewhere at home I might resurrect - or probably buy new.

Are there any features I should look out for? I don’t want to be mugged by advertisements again!
You can't use the old E89 wheel brush toothbrush Ronk.....! Have SOME standards for chuffs sake..... :poke: :evil:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

-Tom-

Philips Sonicare

Post by -Tom- » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:28 pm

Bottom wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:19 pm As a (retired!) dentist, Oral B every time. I even have to buy my own now :(
Congrats on retiring :driving: I’m current, and still Oral B all the way. The new iO range are really impressive and way better than the previous generations, but also really expensive when they’re not a freebie :rofl:
-Z4 M Coupe, Silver Grey, Imola Red Nappa, carbon leather, CSLs, SuperSprint Race, Track Mode Enabled
-Tesla M3 LR

Previous - 3.0 si sport roadster, Silver Grey with Oregon Pearl Grey leather, Piano black, EIbach Pro, Stubby

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Philips Sonicare

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:39 pm

-Tom- wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:28 pm Bottom wrote: ↑Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:19 pm
As a (retired!) dentist, Oral B every time. I even have to buy my own now
Congrats on retiring I’m current, and still Oral B all the way. The new iO range are really impressive and way better than the previous generations, but also really expensive when they’re not a freebie
That's interesting professional advice. :thumbsup:

My last two dentists also recommended Oral B so that's what I've been using for 20 years or so.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

SonnyA85

Philips Sonicare

Post by SonnyA85 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:05 am

-Tom- wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:28 pm
Congrats on retiring :driving: I’m current, and still Oral B all the way. The new iO range are really impressive and way better than the previous generations, but also really expensive when they’re not a freebie :rofl:
I'm curious as to what makes the new range really impressive?

If you had to rate how effective the following 3 are at doing the job of looking after your teeth, gums, etc what marks would you give them out of 10 and why?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00WAKQP7A/ ... b_5_i?th=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oral-B-Electri ... K5H5L&th=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oral-B-Toothbr ... 3P8Z&psc=1

I honestly cannot see apart from an led light that tells you not to use as much force or you aren't using enough what the other features actually do that is beneficial?

I was about to drop 100-200 quid on a toothbrush but I had to do a double take as I normally just use a 2 quid one from the supermarket and was thinking surely I don't need bluetooth on my toothbrush and I can save some money here.

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Philips Sonicare

Post by MikeyH » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:34 am

Oral B, seem to have offers on the toothbrush at certain times of the year in supermarkets etc. If you can wait, sometimes half price.
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

pvr
Legend
Legend

Philips Sonicare

Post by pvr » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:11 am

MikeyH wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:34 am Oral B, seem to have offers on the toothbrush at certain times of the year in supermarkets etc. If you can wait, sometimes half price.
There are indeed always offers about. Especially around Christmas, normally buy a spare
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Bottom

Philips Sonicare

Post by Bottom » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:58 pm

-Tom- wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:28 pm Congrats on retiring I’m current, and still Oral B all the way. The new iO range are really impressive and way better than the previous generations, but also really expensive when they’re not a freebie
Thanks. Retirement is great.
I'll take a look at them when the current one dies. I still keep in touch with my friendly Oral B rep so she might manage to get me a wee discount :-)

Bottom

Philips Sonicare

Post by Bottom » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:01 pm

SonnyA85 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:05 am If you had to rate how effective the following 3 are at doing the job of looking after your teeth, gums, etc what marks would you give them out of 10 and why?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00WAKQP7A/ ... b_5_i?th=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oral-B-Electri ... K5H5L&th=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oral-B-Toothbr ... 3P8Z&psc=1

I honestly cannot see apart from an led light that tells you not to use as much force or you aren't using enough what the other features actually do that is beneficial?
1 has conventional AA batteries, the 2nd has LiIon so will be cheaper to run long term.

I'm out of the loop with current dental trends but Oral B are generally pretty good at backing up their claims with actual science, so if you want to have a look on Medline you can probably find out why the new ones are better.

SonnyA85

Philips Sonicare

Post by SonnyA85 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:24 pm

Oral B pro 3 for £39 on Amazon I think I'll go for this. I don't think the magnetic drive of the io is worth the difference. Magnets may be smoother but the video reviews on YouTube say it's hard to keep clean and fills up with slimy stuff.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Philips Sonicare

Post by ronk » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:22 pm

I hope to claim on the warranty for the sonicare when I get home - I’m fairly certain I have the receipt stored on the Mac and that I registered with Philips - it’s only three months old so they should replace it - the only fly in the ointment is that is was bought cheaply thro EBay

If they wriggle - then Oral B it is
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Philips Sonicare

Post by Nanu » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:25 pm

Oral B hand operated at £2.50p in various colour choices is good enough for me.

Can just about manage to move the brush up and down and side to side with seriously injuring myself :D
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

SonnyA85

Philips Sonicare

Post by SonnyA85 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:52 am

Nanu wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:25 pm Oral B hand operated at £2.50p in various colour choices is good enough for me.

Can just about manage to move the brush up and down and side to side with seriously injuring myself :D
I ended up making my purchase today and got 2 x smart pro 3 the twin pack for circa £65.

I did my usual scouting on YouTube and the internet and essentially oral B can scientifically prove their brushes are much better than manual ones. The jury is still out on how much you need to spend though but if I was to hazard a guess £20 will do you fine there is one on Amazon for that price but not rechargeable (you could use rechargeable batteries seperately though) and if you are wanting a few extra features then the one I got the smart pro 3 seems to offer good value for money without offering over the top features such as Bluetooth phone connectivity so you can review how well you are brushing each individual tooth. I doubt I would ever use such a feature for more than a week so didn't think it was worth spending £90 on a single brush.

As a heads up I believe farmfoods sell 8 heads (2 year supply) for a tenner which is the cheapest I could find. Problem is I never shop in farmfoods so I'll need to pop in when I am nearby to one and see if they do have any left.