Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FOR SALE Z4 E86 Stormforce Cover

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
Deepseaskateboard

Z4 E86 Stormforce Cover

Post by Deepseaskateboard » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:09 pm

An example:

If this was on eBay as buy it now or best offer, the first offer below asking price would be sent to the seller for review.

Whist the offer is under consideration, the item is not ‘off the market’ so during that period before an offer is accepted, anyone can purchase the item at asking price.

Once asking price is offered, it secures the item and takes it off the market. The initial offer is thus refused, as there is no item left to sell.

I know gazumping is not allowed, however, if one was selling a house, and buyer one submits an offer below asking, and buyer two offers at asking, buyer two can proceed with the purchase. If buyer one then raised the bid to match asking price, this gives the seller no motive to alter the deal. So, buyer one would have to offer considerably more, to motivate the seller. This is a gazump.

In any case, I think the rules are clear and matching asking price after the sale is secured would not work in any scenario.
Unless buyer two defers to buyer one.

Z4C_er

Z4 E86 Stormforce Cover

Post by Z4C_er » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:52 am

I've bought one somewhere else.

The more I think about it, the more I feel I was OK with what I did. 'Lance' had not seen my prior offer, so it doesn't count. I upped the offer to match his price, but the fact remains, I was first in the queue.

As of a couple of minutes ago (before I left this shower) I was first in line with the asking price. The ticket window/shop door had not opened yet.

.........And, I think it should have been left to the discretion of Lance. After all, if he didn't do what you ordered, what would you do? Fine him?
2006.5 E86 Z4C si SE Phoenix Yellow

True-Blue
Lifer
Lifer

Z4 E86 Stormforce Cover

Post by True-Blue » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:47 pm

Is there anything in the rules that enables a seller to refuse to sell to a specific buyer?

Nothing to do with this thread at all, or either of the potential buyers. I’m just genuinely interested as I feel there should be an option to not sell something to someone specific if you have a strong reason not to.
Alpina Roadster S Lux no. 204 (1 of 15 uk cars in Alpina Blue)

Previous Z4’s :E89 30i, E89 20i, E85 3.0Si (X4) E85 3.0i, E86 3.0 Si, E85 2.5si, E85 2.5i

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Z4 E86 Stormforce Cover

Post by Pondrew » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:05 pm

Z4C_er wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:52 am I've bought one somewhere else.
Probably best, as at this rate you'll driving a levitating EV before the OP checks the thread! :thumbsup:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Z4 E86 Stormforce Cover

Post by Pondrew » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:18 pm

Z4C_er wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:52 am ........And, I think it should have been left to the discretion of Lance. After all, if he didn't do what you ordered, what would you do? Fine him?
Of course the seller can do whatever he wants in reality. The ONLY thing the site admin can do is ban someone if they want to.

I look at the 'rules' as more guidelines. They are there to try to prevent disputes and upset members, that is all.
It's worth remembering , though, that the site provides a platform for people to buy and sell stuff for free with no fees whatsoever to a target market, so abiding by the 'rules' is maybe the least we should all do IMHO. :)
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Mazda3 sold

SonnyA85

Z4 E86 Stormforce Cover

Post by SonnyA85 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:24 pm

True-Blue wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:47 pm Is there anything in the rules that enables a seller to refuse to sell to a specific buyer?

Nothing to do with this thread at all, or either of the potential buyers. I’m just genuinely interested as I feel there should be an option to not sell something to someone specific if you have a strong reason not to.
No the rules are quite clear.

The first offer of asking secures the sale. If you were to then back out and sell to someone else that would be considered not abiding by the rules.

So if you put something up for sale and someone offers what you asked for the rules state that the sale has been secured. I don't see how anyone could see it any other way.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Z4 E86 Stormforce Cover

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:34 pm

Just out of interest I went and had a look at the process for adding a 'foe'. This implies that you will not be notified of any posts from them.
So then, if you put up a sale advert and a 'foe' responded you wouldn't know. Wonder where you'd stand on that one?

PS. Hope you can see this post? :roll:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Z4 E86 Stormforce Cover

Post by Pondrew » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:35 pm

SonnyA85 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:24 pm I don't see how anyone could see it any other way.
Really? You do surprise me! :P :)

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Mazda3 sold

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Z4 E86 Stormforce Cover

Post by Pondrew » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:37 pm

I do hope enuff_zed posts on this thread. Come to think of it I haven't seen anything from him in ages! :o

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Mazda3 sold

True-Blue
Lifer
Lifer

Z4 E86 Stormforce Cover

Post by True-Blue » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:43 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:34 pm Just out of interest I went and had a look at the process for adding a 'foe'. This implies that you will not be notified of any posts from them.
So then, if you put up a sale advert and a 'foe' responded you wouldn't know. Wonder where you'd stand on that one?

PS. Hope you can see this post? :roll:
:hattip:

Previous Z4’s :E89 30i, E89 20i, E85 3.0Si (X4) E85 3.0i, E86 3.0 Si, E85 2.5si, E85 2.5i

True-Blue
Lifer
Lifer

Z4 E86 Stormforce Cover

Post by True-Blue » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:45 pm

SonnyA85 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:24 pm
True-Blue wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:47 pm Is there anything in the rules that enables a seller to refuse to sell to a specific buyer?

No the rules are quite clear.

The first offer of asking secures the sale. If you were to then back out and sell to someone else that would be considered not abiding by the rules.

So if you put something up for sale and someone offers what you asked for the rules state that the sale has been secured. I don't see how anyone could see it any other way.
It’s not about backing out, it’s about politely declining to deal with specific forum members :thumbsup:

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Z4 E86 Stormforce Cover

Post by Scubaregs » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:51 pm

The more I think about it, the more I feel I was OK with what I did. 'Lance' had not seen my prior offer, so it doesn't count. I upped the offer to match his price, but the fact remains, I was first in the queue.

As of a couple of minutes ago (before I left this shower) I was first in line with the asking price. The ticket window/shop door had not opened yet.

.........And, I think it should have been left to the discretion of Lance. After all, if he didn't do what you ordered, what would you do? Fine him?
Just because the seller didn’t see your initial lower offer before someone offered the asking price, doesn’t mean it doesn't count. The simple fact is you were not the first to offer the asking price.

What is the point in anyone else offering full asking price if the person that offered less can then simply match it and claim the item.

Utterly ludicrous.
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Z4 E86 Stormforce Cover

Post by MikeyH » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:55 pm

Scubaregs wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:51 pm

Just because the seller didn’t see your initial lower offer before someone offered the asking price, doesn’t mean it doesn't count. The simple fact is you were not the first to offer the asking price.

What is the point in anyone else offering full asking price if the person that offered less can then simply match it and claim the item.

Utterly ludicrous.
That's a good point Scubaregs.
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Z4 E86 Stormforce Cover

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:20 pm

MikeyH wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:55 pm What is the point in anyone else offering full asking price if the person that offered less can then simply match it and claim the item.

Utterly ludicrous.
That's a good point Scubaregs.
Yes nicely put. :thumbsup:

If I was selling something, got an offer, then someone offered the asking price I'd sell to the first offer I got for the asking price!

Wish I'd had that much interest in the Stormforce cover I sold a couple of years ago. :roll:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black