Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

DHL

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

DHL

Post by TitanTim » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:13 am

I'd forgotten how rubbish this company is.

Received an email notification yesterday that a parcel delivery is scheduled for Thursday.

Planned a few things for today but received a further email today that delivery will be made by the end of today which is helpful.

Don't they give a time slot? They seem to imply you can do live tracking but all I can find is the parcel is out for delivery. Downloaded their App but that wasn't of help and just said its a DHL express delivery and to go on their website which was no help either :|

They seem to be in the dark ages compared to other delivery companies such as DPD.

Tim.

ekimj10

DHL

Post by ekimj10 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:59 am

Totally agree, I used to think Hermes were the worst, they are now called EVRI and seem to have improved a bit.
On a similar vein, Royal Mail have priced themselves out of the market as far as we are concerned and we've had a few bad experiences with them too.
2.2R Toledo Blue

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

DHL

Post by TitanTim » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:07 am

ekimj10 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:59 am Totally agree, I used to think Hermes were the worst, they are now called EVRI and seem to have improved a bit.
On a similar vein, Royal Mail have priced themselves out of the market as far as we are concerned and we've had a few bad experiences with them too.
At least Evri do give delivery time slots, I'm just waiting around now and see if and when they turn up :cry:

Tim.

MerBrook

DHL

Post by MerBrook » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:26 pm

Had a delivery the other day from DHL, received a one hour time slot via text and email and they turned up 1/2 an hour early :headbang:. Luckily I was in.
I mean what’s the point.
Alpina Roadster S Lux No.169, E86 Coupe Si Sport, Gone E86 Coupe Si SE

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

DHL

Post by MikeyH » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:52 pm

Well, we have had a right old game with a delivery company called XPD. Wife ordered a sideboard from a furniture company around 2 months ago, after many let downs one parcel arrived, parcel 2 arrived weeks later and looked as if it had been thrown off the back of the lorry and driven over. :rofl: On opening both parcels, parts inside damaged. So new ones being sent, but they keep arranging delivery times and not turning up. And sending us photos showing it in the van! or photos of the van dashboard or once the driver's crotch! :rofl: Now they are saying it's been delivered when clearly it has not. Luckily the furniture company believes us and now are sending another one via Pallet Way. Lets hope this lot are better.
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

DHL

Post by TitanTim » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:03 pm

MerBrook wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:26 pm Had a delivery the other day from DHL, received a one hour time slot via text and email and they turned up 1/2 an hour early :headbang:. Luckily I was in.
I mean what’s the point.
So they do notify you a delivery slot? I'm wandering then if this is down to the sender providing your contact details although I've received a email from DHL just no time slot. A little annoying if planning your day.

Tim.

DMike

DHL

Post by DMike » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:44 pm

UPS Finland made the headlines a few weeks ago for their hoax deliveries, where the courier never showed up and the recipient just received a text message with ”we tried to deliver the package but nobody was at home… … access point collection”. In one article a driver revealed that they load the truck with packages, knowing that they never can deliver them during their shift.

This week we experienced this as well: We were at home at the claimed time of attempted delivery of an Amazon package. Multiple security cams with no courier, not even an UPS truck on the street. Called UPS help desk, four times so far, each time with a response ”yes sir, we’ll deliver it at home address”, only to receive a text message telling us to travel to an access point for package delivery. Their db even told that the driver had contacted us and we had agreed to access point collection. Surreal.
2005 Z4 3.0i Sterling grey

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

DHL

Post by Nictrix » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:48 pm

TitanTim wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:07 am
ekimj10 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:59 am Totally agree, I used to think Hermes were the worst, they are now called EVRI and seem to have improved a bit.
At least Evri do give delivery time slots, I'm just waiting around now and see if and when they turn up :cry:

Tim.
They might give time slots but they dont stick to them.
We booked a collection through parcels2go and EVRI came out as the cheapest. Booked and paid for the collection and was given a date and time slot. The time slot came and went and then we received an email saying they would not be collecting that day and to go online and rebook the collection for another day.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

DHL

Post by TitanTim » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:05 pm

DHL turned up in the end at 2pm so not terrible but still poor compared to say DPD where you can track the delivery driver.

DHLs online reviews come across as a bit dire.

Tim.