Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

WANTED BMW E89 35i/is DCT

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
MelC

BMW E89 35i/is DCT

Post by MelC » Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:28 am

Hi Martin, no problem and good luck with your search 😊. Mel

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

BMW E89 35i/is DCT

Post by B21 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:26 pm

Not sure why you are focusing on a post LCi version

On the 35 it was only the side repeater and headlight daylight running that were different?
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup:

MartyB

BMW E89 35i/is DCT

Post by MartyB » Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:42 pm

B21 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:26 pm Not sure why you are focusing on a post LCi version

On the 35 it was only the side repeater and headlight daylight running that were different?
There were a number of subtle changes in the interior, climate dials, paddle shifters from -+/-+ to -/+, gear selector.
There was a suggestion from a relatively popular youtuber that stock power was higher post LCI although I've not really read into it (or care massively).
Then I guess it's just then getting a newer car, younger, less time for things to break/perish etc.

B21
Lifer
Lifer

BMW E89 35i/is DCT

Post by B21 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:05 pm

Paddle shifters changed in the 2012 MY

Extremely minor cosmetic change around the switches as part of the LCI

So IMHO it’s an arbitrary restriction unless you want a Valencia orange one

There were no power changes to the 35i 35is through their production runs
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…

MartyB

BMW E89 35i/is DCT

Post by MartyB » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:48 pm

B21 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:05 pm Paddle shifters changed in the 2012 MY

Extremely minor cosmetic change around the switches as part of the LCI

So IMHO it’s an arbitrary restriction unless you want a Valencia orange one

There were no power changes to the 35i 35is through their production runs
Appreciate that most of the changes are minor, but added to a younger car in general (less damage over time, also likely less miles).
I guess it just my preference.

Here is the link to the YouTube video, he talks about it around 4:15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKcrXd2K0IA

B21
Lifer
Lifer

BMW E89 35i/is DCT

Post by B21 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:01 pm

Yes he’s talking bollocks or at least as far as stock cars are concerned

The car he tested may have been remapped but as I said there were no engine related performance changes in the whole production run

So it’s cosmetic trim around the switches / heating controls different side indicators and LED driving lights rather than halogen

On average newer cars will have lower mileage but for this car condition and service history are more important than age

There were running changes to a myriad of components through its life but they weren’t particularly grouped together

MartyB

BMW E89 35i/is DCT

Post by MartyB » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:22 pm

B21 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:01 pm Yes he’s talking bollocks or at least as far as stock cars are concerned

The car he tested may have been remapped but as I said there were no engine related performance changes in the whole production run

So it’s cosmetic trim around the switches / heating controls different side indicators and LED driving lights rather than halogen

On average newer cars will have lower mileage but for this car condition and service history are more important than age

There were running changes to a myriad of components through its life but they weren’t particularly grouped together
Yeh that's fair enough, I don't know myself and can only go on what I hear/read from others.

Agreed, just the small cosmetic changes and just the knowledge/preference I'd be getting a newer/lower millage car.

I will obviously pay particular care to service history also :thumbsup:

MartyB

BMW E89 35i/is DCT

Post by MartyB » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:20 am

Bump of sorts....

Doesn't seem to be many e89's posted here at the moment... I guess this glorious weather isn't helping.

I've seen the below car listed (at what seems a great price) with BMW which obviously comes with the benefits of warranty etc. however there are some modifications on the car that I'm not sure of.
https://www.sytner.co.uk/car-search/148 ... e-2dr-dct/

Some great looking wheels, although the passenger side does look like it's in need of refurb :thumbsup:

However I'm not entirely sure about either the seats or the quad exhaust (looks a little wonky, maybe just me...) Thoughts...?

Obviously if anyone here has a 35is that (fits my spec req.) they are considering selling in the not too distant future please give me a shout.

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

BMW E89 35i/is DCT

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:49 am

MartyB wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:20 am Bump of sorts....

Doesn't seem to be many e89's posted here at the moment... I guess this glorious weather isn't helping.

I've seen the below car listed (at what seems a great price) with BMW which obviously comes with the benefits of warranty etc. however there are some modifications on the car that I'm not sure of.

Some great looking wheels, although the passenger side does look like it's in need of refurb :thumbsup:

However I'm not entirely sure about either the seats or the quad exhaust (looks a little wonky, maybe just me...) Thoughts...?

Obviously if anyone here has a 35is that (fits my spec req.) they are considering selling in the not too distant future please give me a shout.
Morning Barty, well my first thoughts are cracking car and an ex forum car if I’m not mistaken, second thoughts, and big bonus. BMW may/may not be aware but they’re selling you a modded/mapped car under AUC?? Didn’t know they did such a thing but if they do you’ve got a good few BHP more than standard and they’re carrying the can should anything go wrong? :thumbsup:

viewtopic.php?t=127375
Last edited by Argyll Andy on Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Scubaregs
    Lifer
    Lifer

BMW E89 35i/is DCT

Post by Scubaregs » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:49 am

If it's close enough, go and view, may look different in the flesh. Agree on the seats, exhaust, outside pipe on drivers side looks as if it has drooped a bit, condition of sale it is sorted if that is the case.
    Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
    Image Image

Silverstar

BMW E89 35i/is DCT

Post by Silverstar » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:56 am

MartyB wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:20 am Bump of sorts....

Looks nice! Looks like someone has put the wheel seats and exhaust which may well sound better than stock but I am surprised that a BMW main dealer has this in their stock, I would have thought they wouldn't be retailing a modified example. But regardless if you like it go for it!
    2009 sdrive30i auto Sapphire Black / Coral Red

B21
    Lifer
    Lifer

BMW E89 35i/is DCT

Post by B21 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:03 am

I’d be surprised if it’s been sold mapped…

I’d assume they would reflash all ECUs to stock settings..

Price is low because of the mods that some will see as tacky..others may rave about them..

Not sure if the seats retain heated capability?

Pondrew
    Lifer
    Lifer

BMW E89 35i/is DCT

Post by Pondrew » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:22 am

As Andy says, was sold last year. I remember the seats!

Just be careful with Sytner. They do not have a reputation for selling cars cheap, especially good ones. Certainly is a good looking motor, though. :thumbsup:
    All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
    E89 20i Now fully dried
    Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
    Mazda3 sold
    Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

MartyB

BMW E89 35i/is DCT

Post by MartyB » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:20 pm

Afternoon all,

Just thought I'd revive this post as I'm back on the lookout for a Z4 (preferably 35iS, UK based and happy to travel the country! :driving: ).

Potentially going to look at one later this week/weekend and thought I'd see if any members are now considering/actively looking to sell their pride and joy.

To save reading the whole post for any prospective sellers, I'm after a LCI; reasonably low miles; White/Black/Grey paint; Red/black interior. (preference is in that order but will consider other options)

Ready to go with cash for the right car.

Cheers M

john-e89
    Lifer
    Lifer

BMW E89 35i/is DCT

Post by john-e89 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:25 pm

MartyB wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:20 pm Afternoon all,

Just thought I'd revive this post as I'm back on the lookout for a Z4 (preferably 35iS, UK based and happy to travel the country! :driving: ).

Potentially going to look at one later this week/weekend and thought I'd see if any members are now considering/actively looking to sell their pride and joy.

To save reading the whole post for any prospective sellers, I'm after a LCI; reasonably low miles; White/Black/Grey paint; Red/black interior. (preference is in that order but will consider other options)

Ready to go with cash for the right car.

Cheers M
    I can't remember off hand Marty, but mine was over your budget yes....?
    M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
    MR2 MK 2
    E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
    E89 35is
    G29