Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Disabling an Instrument Cluster Warning Light

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
portculisz4

Post by portculisz4 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:07 pm

Has anyone had to access the Z4 E85 instrument cluster warning Lights ?

I am about to proceed with my power steering hydraulic conversion and through the enormous help from forum Members I have most of my questions answered. My problem is the EPS Warning Light still showing even though the EPS system has now been effectively removed, my local MOT station tell me this is still a MOT fail situation if the warning light is visible. So there appears to be two possible solutions, through the INPA software I can specify 'EPS nicht_activ' (details provided from a helpful forum thread), since I don't have access to an INPA system the other alternative is to hide or disable the light. How easy is it to access the warning light panel. If there is another solution to this I would be very pleased to hear

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:15 pm

I can confirm the cluster is fairly easy to dismantle. And gaining accesses to the LED bulb is quite possible.
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

alane29

Post by alane29 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:36 pm

My car has the hydraulic steering conversion , the cluster was opened up and the bulb was removed
The cluster is easy to remove
2007 E86 M Coupe
2005 E85 2.5SE

portculisz4

Post by portculisz4 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:44 pm

Many thanks all, that answers my question.
Alane9 - can I ask a couple of questions on some details of your conversion, was your conversion based on the M54 engine and if so which pump did you opt for (LF-20 or LF-30) and did you include the hydraulic cooler pipe on the reservoir return. ?