Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Seems like a bargain - Z4M on facebook

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
SonnyA85

Post by SonnyA85 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:40 pm

mark seeker wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:13 am
buzyg wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:25 pm
Dav the wheel nut wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:08 pm There are others on Autotrader with similar mileage for less money.
I think running costs of these cars, such as road tax £630 p.a is now starting to have a bearing on the market.
It’s still a lot of car for the money.
The running cost are what they are. Not really a factor if you love the driving experience and just want a great weekend car. :D :driving: :thumbsup:
I'm not sure how much a factor the RFL is, how many cars are really taxed for 12 months a year? I would think for the majority the cars are SORN'd for some element of the year. Regardless of the cost, the engine and experience in the seat makes up for it for me...
Why wouldn't you tax it for a year? Paying monthly costs a lot more and what do you do if you need to use your car during winter?

Fair enough if this is your second car but if it's your daily then you don't have a choice. My car does only 1K miles a year but that's because my wife's car is far more practical, does more than double the mpg and can accomodate the entire family, plus a car seat/pram and groceries.

She also gives me a lift to work and back as it is on her way to work. Otherwise I'd have to pay extortionate parking fees or get the train in meaning I walk to the train station as it has zero parking.

Also if this is your "second car" then I am sure you can afford the few hundred quid to tax it for the entire year vs part of the year after all you bought the car as a toy for £15K+

plenty

Post by plenty » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:00 pm

SonnyA85 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:40 pm
mark seeker wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:13 am I'm not sure how much a factor the RFL is, how many cars are really taxed for 12 months a year? I would think for the majority the cars are SORN'd for some element of the year. Regardless of the cost, the engine and experience in the seat makes up for it for me...
Why wouldn't you tax it for a year? Paying monthly costs a lot more and what do you do if you need to use your car during winter?
Also if this is your "second car" then I am sure you can afford the few hundred quid to tax it for the entire year vs part of the year after all you bought the car as a toy for £15K+
In months when I use my Z4 I pay the full 12 months' tax at the start of the month, then SORN before the end of the month. I get a cheque from DVLA a few days later. It's a tiny bit of extra admin but means I don't pay the premium for monthly direct debits (which are a total con and an unjustified tax on the poor, but that's another topic entirely).

And it's not about affordability, it's about not having to pay more money than you have to. I'm quite prepared to spend a few minutes every month or so to save several hundred quid over the course of a year.

AndyBeech

Post by AndyBeech » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:07 pm

SonnyA85 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:40 pm
mark seeker wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:13 am
buzyg wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:25 pm
The running cost are what they are. Not really a factor if you love the driving experience and just want a great weekend car. :D :driving: :thumbsup:
I'm not sure how much a factor the RFL is, how many cars are really taxed for 12 months a year? I would think for the majority the cars are SORN'd for some element of the year. Regardless of the cost, the engine and experience in the seat makes up for it for me...

Fair enough if this is your second car but if it's your daily then you don't have a choice. My car does only 1K miles a year but that's because my wife's car is far more practical, does more than double the mpg and can accomodate the entire family, plus a car seat/pram and groceries.

She also gives me a lift to work and back as it is on her way to work. Otherwise I'd have to pay extortionate parking fees or get the train in meaning I walk to the train station as it has zero parking.

Hardly call £30 a year extra a lot more when paying monthly :lol:

I doubt there are many that daily an M, maybe some people just don't want to use it through winter and would barely get any use out of it. What's being able to afford it got to do with it? Who can 'afford' to just throw a few hundred quid away in this day and age?! It's a BMW forum not a Ferrari owners forum!
Last edited by AndyBeech on Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

TomK

Post by TomK » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:10 pm

SonnyA85 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:40 pm Also if this is your "second car" then I am sure you can afford the few hundred quid to tax it for the entire year vs part of the year after all you bought the car as a toy for £15K+
I wouldn't call a "few hundred" £650. Like others who use an M as a 2nd car I very much do it DD monthly and sorn it like now when I am abroad for a while, I have no desire to give the gov £130 for 2 months when I'm not using it :!: There are quite a few months I will not use it and it's no real hassle to unsorn/sorn it on dvla site so unless you like throwing money away for no good reason I don't see why you wouldn't do it.
MC[IB], CSL airbox, Schrick 288/280 cams, 4.44FD, UUC SSK, SS race cat back, AP CP9660[F]/5144[R] brakes, Apex ARC-8 with AR-1 or PS5, KW ClubSport 2-way, Turner spherical arms, PMC uniball rtab, VB engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6, half cage

SonnyA85

Post by SonnyA85 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:49 pm

TomK wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:10 pm
SonnyA85 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:40 pm Also if this is your "second car" then I am sure you can afford the few hundred quid to tax it for the entire year vs part of the year after all you bought the car as a toy for £15K+
I wouldn't call a "few hundred" £650. Like others who use an M as a 2nd car I very much do it DD monthly and sorn it like now when I am abroad for a while, I have no desire to give the gov £130 for 2 months when I'm not using it :!: There are quite a few months I will not use it and it's no real hassle to unsorn/sorn it on dvla site so unless you like throwing money away for no good reason I don't see why you wouldn't do it.
It's not for no reason.

I don't drive mine in winter but it's there if I need to.

Like say the wife has taken her car then I have the option to take mine.

It's about opening up options by having it insured and taxed all year round.

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scubaregs » Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:48 pm

Novel idea, bit out there, but bear with me........

Why not let others do what is best for them and you do what you want?

Someone should really make a proverb about that, oh wait..........
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image

TomK

Post by TomK » Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:54 pm

SonnyA85 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:49 pm It's about opening up options by having it insured and taxed all year round.
Not sure what your point is there? My car is insured all year round and can be taxed in about 2mins should I need to.
MC[IB], CSL airbox, Schrick 288/280 cams, 4.44FD, UUC SSK, SS race cat back, AP CP9660[F]/5144[R] brakes, Apex ARC-8 with AR-1 or PS5, KW ClubSport 2-way, Turner spherical arms, PMC uniball rtab, VB engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6, half cage

AndyBeech

Post by AndyBeech » Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:26 pm

Scubaregs wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:48 pm Novel idea, bit out there, but bear with me........

Why not let others do what is best for them and you do what you want?

Someone should really make a proverb about that, oh wait..........
:lol: Apparently what applies to him has to apply to everyone else :?

Really don't see what the argument is here, though it is quite amusing! Like Tom I just tax it when I need it, which would never be a whole 12 months whether I can afford it or not.
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

biZ4rreMids

Post by biZ4rreMids » Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:25 am

Returning to the original OPs post according to Facebook the car is now sold.
Speed Yellow Porsche Boxster S
Previous:
Melbourne red 2016 20i MSport with a few subtle mods
Titanium Silver 2004 3.0SE with run flats