Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

ATE front discs

"M" Specific discussion
Jellyfishfields

ATE front discs

Post by Jellyfishfields » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:01 pm

TomK wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:47 pm
Jellyfishfields wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:48 pm You're saying your local BMW dealer can provide the discs for an extra £25, so £373 the pair?
Well 378 from Cotswold but I would also try Harry fairbairn.
https://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/threads/ ... cs.242512/
I use autodoc etc for parts on my s**t box cars, no issue with them, but for the M I tend to go bmw for the genuine parts and 2 year fitted warranty on all parts that they provide. They really are 9/10ths of the time hardly more expensive than most of these online places selling oem parts. Speak to a dealer, don't look on their online shop or eBay etc.
Thanks for that, didn't expect them to be so competitive.

I'm not worried about the quality, as long as they send ate I'm fine with that, should be the same. However, I'll check the prices tomorrow with my local dealer, if it's not too late I'll cancel the auto doc order, if not, then it's a lesson for next time.

Cheers for the tip either way 👍

Jellyfishfields

ATE front discs

Post by Jellyfishfields » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:31 pm

The order was ready for dispatch the following day, so I decided to go with it.

The package arrived today, so a week for delivery and all the parts are ATE as ordered.

Much quicker delivery than I expected, it will be a few weeks before I can get them fitted but that's fine, at least I have them ready to go.

Going by this experience, I think I'll use them again, depending on what it is and how quickly its needed.

Jellyfishfields

ATE front discs

Post by Jellyfishfields » Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:51 pm

Just to finish this off, I fitted them yesterday and went for a new MOT today, all OK.

Then something hits my drivers side mirror on the way home and smashed the glass, cheaper than expected though, £95 from the local BMW dealer. On my previous M5 the glass was £400 per side, so pleasantly surprised, have BMW decided to wise up with some of their prices?

DevonPaul

ATE front discs

Post by DevonPaul » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:05 pm

Jellyfishfields wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:51 pm
Then something hits my drivers side mirror on the way home and smashed the glass, cheaper than expected though, £95 from the local BMW dealer. On my previous M5 the glass was £400 per side, so pleasantly surprised, have BMW decided to wise up with some of their prices?
We lost the glass from the passenger side a few years ago. Got a pattern one from Ebay like....
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225082804575

It was fractionally smaller than the original and a bit of a faff transferring the clips over, but otherwise fine.
2006 Imola Z4MC (wife's shopping trolley)
1990 Toyota Carina (Started as a free family heirloom, now apparently a Classic)
2016 Toyota Avensis 1.6D (yup, the *really* slow one).
2011 TDM900
1997 VFR750 project. 95% complete. Only 30% left to do.

Jellyfishfields

ATE front discs

Post by Jellyfishfields » Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:06 am

DevonPaul wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:05 pm
Jellyfishfields wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:51 pm
We lost the glass from the passenger side a few years ago. Got a pattern one from Ebay like....
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225082804575

It was fractionally smaller than the original and a bit of a faff transferring the clips over, but otherwise fine.
Thanks for the link but I decided to go for the original part.

Another option for mirrors is a guy called Mirror John, link to his website below.

http://mirrorjohn.com/BMW_M3_Wing_Mirror_Glass.php