Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Ring trip pics + vid

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.
TomK

Ring trip pics + vid

Post by TomK » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:33 pm

Beedub wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:05 pm tomk = the z4 forums very own STIG! Well done man... driving like a beast and the car is imo so impressive!

Tom what did you need to make the aftermarket steering wheel work and satisfy the electrics so you dont get warning lights. Also did the wheel add to the driving experience for you , would love alittle feedback on this. Thanks in advance.
Haha, I'd imagine anyone who drives there regularly would say more like a bambi or something :oops:
The car felt really good though there I must say. My issue with my setup at the moment is low speed tight radius traction, something that doesn't feature there. Car rotated nicely generally and all four tyres seemed to be working well.
As for the wheel... hmm! Totally recommend it as a 'driving' mod, the thinner rim with no cushioning just unlocks a further level of feel unsurprisingly. But getting the frickin air bag light off, i've tried inpa, bmw scanner but not got there. I've given up for the moment as my mate owns the place I get it mot'd at but will get back to it soon, it can't be that hard :oops:
Obviously these wheels have no airbags, so you need harnesses really... I had to change mine as I no longer have 3 point.
MC[IB], CSL airbox, Schrick 288/280 cams, 4.44FD, UUC SSK, SS race cat back, AP CP9660[F]/5144[R] brakes, Apex ARC-8 with AR-1 or PS5, KW ClubSport 2-way, Turner spherical arms, PMC uniball rtab, VB engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6, half cage