Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Liquid shoe polish on my seats?

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
Mr_E85Bim

Post by Mr_E85Bim » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:10 pm

Thanks all!

Mine is not so bad tbf. Its just starting to look a little faded around the plastic trim. A faint line going across like 2mm thickness. The shine has gone away so I think the FC stuff should take care of it :D

DMike

Post by DMike » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:04 pm

Mr_E85Bim wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:10 pm Thanks all!

Mine is not so bad tbf. Its just starting to look a little faded around the plastic trim. A faint line going across like 2mm thickness. The shine has gone away so I think the FC stuff should take care of it :D
Many would want the sw not to be shiny. I’ve found Meguiars ”leather and vinyl cleaner” restore the matt look quite well - I guess it mostly just removes grease that inevitably is tranfered from hands :?. If the faint line is like exit schratches from jeans rivets, then the fc repair stuff might help.
2005 Z4 3.0i Sterling grey

Mr_E85Bim

Post by Mr_E85Bim » Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:01 pm

So I just got done with my seats. They look great on the whole. BUT I can see a couple of uneven patches.
I will go over those sections again tomorrow. If I am brave enough, I will give the steering wheel a go too! But thank you all for the advice :thumbsup:

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MikeyH » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:17 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:06 pm Lash out a whole £17 and get the correct colour restoring 'paint' from Furniture Clinic. Can't beat it.
Does the FC stuff come in one shade of black? Mine are the E85 2004 M seats and they seem to be blacker than the standard ones.
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:28 pm

MikeyH wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:17 pm
enuff_zed wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:06 pm Lash out a whole £17 and get the correct colour restoring 'paint' from Furniture Clinic. Can't beat it.
Does the FC stuff come in one shade of black? Mine are the E85 2004 M seats and they seem to be blacker than the standard ones.
Ooh, dunno, I just ordered black I think?
Pretty sure they do shades of other colours so worth calling and asking them.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:29 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:28 pm
MikeyH wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:17 pm
Ooh, dunno, I just ordered black I think?
Pretty sure they do shades of other colours so worth calling and asking them.
If it helps, I used it on both standard and MSport seats and they all came out ok.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

rdm05z4

Post by rdm05z4 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:12 pm

Hi. Sorry if information already posted. Was just on the Furniture Clinic site. When first on the site select the "leather tab" then the "color tab " on the left. You can then select BMW from the list and match your color "provided by vin" to one listing in the site. I am located in the US so not sure if the UK site is the same. Planning on touching up my seats soon. Good luck.
2005 3.0i Manual, Sterling Gray Metallic Sport suspension, heated seats, top line Business Cd radio
2007 Nissan Maxima -Silver-Auto
2009 VW Wolfsburg Jetta-Black-6sp manual

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MikeyH » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:42 pm

Thank you enuff_zed and rdm05z4. I've wanted to tidy mine up since buying but was unsure about colour match. :thumbsup:
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

Mr_E85Bim

Post by Mr_E85Bim » Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:10 pm

Yes, you can get the exact colour. I got the all in one with self seal.
I tried a couple of different types of material as an applicator. I found an old kitchen sponge was the best.
Try to get every little bit of dirt out of the creases. Otherwise, it will stick to the sponge. I wished I had used a toothbrush to really get into the folds

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MikeyH » Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:47 pm

Thank you :thumbsup: