Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Satnav volume

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Satnav volume

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:56 am

pvr wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:27 pm You can switch the volume off though but only for that trip.

Press the control button, then press it long again and the speaker symbol will have a line through it.

To adjust the volume I found that there are two places. One is the relative volume which I set to low, and the other is by switching music on and then do the louder and quieter thingy
Ah ha! I was trying to work out how to turn it off!
The relative volume does nothing and I'm not fast enough to turn it down every time Bellowing Bertha says something.
Turning volume off each trip is no great hardship though.
Thank you. :thumbsup:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Satnav volume

Post by buzyg » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:33 pm

My sat nav hasn't worked for 7 years. No plans to ever fix it? :D

What PVR says rings a distant bell though. I had the relative volume turned right down. I also have the auto volume thing switched off. Used to drive me nuts when the music got louder the faster you went. That's what the S54 is for after all. :D :driving:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Satnav volume

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:59 pm

buzyg wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:33 pm I had the relative volume turned right down.
Tried that. No change

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Satnav volume

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:59 pm

Be no good as a getaway car as the cops would know where you were going to turn next, even if they were half a mile behind. :roll:

Chii

Satnav volume

Post by Chii » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:45 am

Morning Zed,

I was in the Z today and checked out the nav volume.
Mine was directly related to the radio volume.

So was listening to the Radio, normal volume, Sat nav on. She was average volume, turned radio up (when she was not talking) next instruction was considerably louder, in line with the radio.
Turned radio all the way down, (again when she was not talking) and she was super quiet again next instruction

I don't know if you usually have the Radio on, or something through Aux? I didn't play around with it any more than that.
In my head it could be in line with the radio, but totally separate to the Aux volume? I feel like some craziness like that has happened before

Cheers,

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Satnav volume

Post by enuff_zed » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:48 am

Something else to play with. Thank you.