Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wipers.

How-To articles are in here.
User avatar
Petervaikimo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Wipers.

Post by Petervaikimo » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:53 pm

Evening all.
I was wondering if someone could lead me in the right direction as to which are the best windscreen wipers for my E85. The ones which are on at the moment are not very efficient. Where to get them would be useful info as well.
Thanks a bunch.
Triumph Spitfire | MK II | MK IV | Ford Mustang Mach II | MX5 MK I | MX5 MK3.5 | E85 2.5 Roadster |

willgill
Member
Member
Posts: 403
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:58 am
Location: Cornwall

Wipers.

Post by willgill » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:51 pm

get some bosch aeros -
Driver side:21''
Passenger side:20''

job done :)
Image

LewisB
Member
Member
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:11 am
Location: Reading, Berkshire

Wipers.

Post by LewisB » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:08 pm

willgill wrote:get some bosch aeros -
Driver side:21''
Passenger side:20''

job done :)
Just fitted some of the above last week. They seem to be pretty good one week in. I got both for under £18 including delivery from Euro Car Parts. :thumbsup:
Z4 3.0si Sport Coupe - Ruby Black - Champagne Nappa leather - my weekend drive......

InvisibleName
Member
Member
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:11 pm
Location: Peterborough

Wipers.

Post by InvisibleName » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:21 pm

Petervaikimo wrote:Evening all.
I was wondering if someone could lead me in the right direction as to which are the best windscreen wipers for my E85. The ones which are on at the moment are not very efficient. Where to get them would be useful info as well.
Thanks a bunch.
As you say you have an E85 & you're asking in the E89 forum, I'd double check the above replays are relevant to you car. Might want to repost in the E85 forum? Just trying to be helpful, not clever!
28i M Sport / auto / Mineral Grey - Walnut leather

greg1953
Member
Member
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:59 am

Wipers.

Post by greg1953 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:48 pm

InvisibleName wrote:
Petervaikimo wrote:Evening all.
I was wondering if someone could lead me in the right direction as to which are the best windscreen wipers for my E85. The ones which are on at the moment are not very efficient. Where to get them would be useful info as well.
Thanks a bunch.
As you say you have an E85 & you're asking in the E89 forum, I'd double check the above replays are relevant to you car. Might want to repost in the E85 forum? Just trying to be helpful, not clever!
I've just fitted Bosch Aeros from Halfords...superb, also use Rain X
Greg

Rickg3
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:58 pm

Wipers.

Post by Rickg3 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:54 pm

Just like Greg, I fitted Bosch Areos to my E89 and can definitely recommend. I also use RainX

Wildfire
Member
Member
Posts: 985
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:35 pm
Location: Sutton

Wipers.

Post by Wildfire » Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:10 pm

Wrong forum, but I've just fitted Bosch Aerotwins to all the cars in the "refresh". The best blades.
2007 3.0si Coupe, LED interior lights, Stubby, ZHP, AC Schnitzers, 15mm spacers on the rear. 1993 Modified Pre-Cat TVR Griffith, Ducati Monster 821, MV Agusta F3 675

User avatar
Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4705
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 5:30 pm
Location: Somerset

Wipers.

Post by Ewazix » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:06 pm

willgill wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:51 pm get some bosch aeros -
Driver side:21''
Passenger side:20''

job done :)
Another :thumbsup: for Bosch Aeros, I've just fitted some to my Cooper S Countryman, half the OEM price and don't squeak, win-win
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

Rickg3
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:58 pm

Wipers.

Post by Rickg3 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:25 pm

Another vote for Bosch from me. Very pleased

User avatar
Roberltd2
Member
Member
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:28 pm
Location: Ponterwyd

Wipers.

Post by Roberltd2 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:26 pm

This year I opted for the slightly smaller in dimensions Bosch Super Plus SP 20/18 and they seem to fit the windscreen better than the 21/20s.
I did this after reading other comments on the Forum on the subject and bought a set from Halfords despite the store computer warning me of dire consequences if I did not purchse the correct item. No regrets so far though. :thumbsup:
2007 E85 2.5 si Sport in Montego Blue
1994 Eunos J2Ltd
1963 Triumph Thunderbird
1956 NSU Quickly
1995 Ford Fiesta Frascati - looking for a new home and restoration!

User avatar
Roberltd2
Member
Member
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:28 pm
Location: Ponterwyd

Wipers.

Post by Roberltd2 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:19 pm

Apologies, didn't realise I was on E89 dicusssion. Mine's an E85. :slaphead:
2007 E85 2.5 si Sport in Montego Blue
1994 Eunos J2Ltd
1963 Triumph Thunderbird
1956 NSU Quickly
1995 Ford Fiesta Frascati - looking for a new home and restoration!

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 3166
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 8:27 pm
Location: Stourbridge

Wipers.

Post by flybobbie » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:58 pm

Rickg3 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:25 pm Another vote for Bosch from me. Very pleased
I just fitted some Bosch Aero's (i think, box missing), only problem the mountings are a bit chunky and ugly.
Not sure why they need be so tall.

Busterboo
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:49 am

Wipers.

Post by Busterboo » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:01 am

New Bosch - the driver's with a spoiler - skip at modrate/high speed, even on a freshly & thoroughly cleaned windscreen,

Am going to pay £53 today for OE pair from Sytner's.
Vidi, vici, veni

Busterboo
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:49 am

Wipers.

Post by Busterboo » Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:12 pm

Busterboo wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:01 am New Bosch - the driver's with a spoiler - skip at modrate/high speed, even on a freshly & thoroughly cleaned windscreen,

Am going to pay £53 today for OE pair from Sytner's.
Correction: £53.94p

They're substantially better made than the Bosch they're replacing. And so they should be.

p.s. They're 61 61 2 151 749. 22" & 20".
Vidi, vici, veni

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 3166
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 8:27 pm
Location: Stourbridge

Wipers.

Post by flybobbie » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:18 pm

The Bosch ok at speed but slow they make a noise like the blades loose when they change direction.
Is it not possible to design a silent blade.

Post Reply