Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

ate ceramic brakes and discs

"M" Specific discussion
maddstaff

Post by maddstaff » Fri May 27, 2022 6:44 pm

anyone running ate discs, about to order online, and i see they do ate ceramic pads anyone running these, pros and cons, or any over recomendations on pads, normal road use, cheers

Jon2215

Post by Jon2215 » Fri May 27, 2022 7:21 pm

Running Akebono ceramic pads in the M,
Little to no dust and stock pad feel under braking.
2007 M Coupe
Interlagos Blue,Sepang leather,carbon leather trim

SonnyA85

Post by SonnyA85 » Mon May 30, 2022 8:52 am

I thought ceramic was pretty much only good for track cars. I'm pretty sure the salesman at McLaren told my mate if he wasn't going to be tracking it to save himself £15k and go with the standard brakes. He wanted ceramic and salesman aren't usually known for downselling which is what I pointed out so he decided it's probably best to save himself the cash if the salesman was insistent.

Ceramic takes longer to get up to working temperature so pretty much pointless for road use unless you are trying to lose your license on a regular basis. I would just get some brembo pads personally but I know people like ate on here.

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Post by B21 » Mon May 30, 2022 9:00 am

The discs will be iron / steel of some type..its just the pad composition that changes...

Its just a later version in line with many other OE vendors sucj as Textar with their epad

So cold weather / initial bite performance matches OE standards ie R90 compliance

https://www.ate-brakes.com/products/dis ... rake-pads/ refers :thumbsup:
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Mon May 30, 2022 9:13 am

B21 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 9:00 am The discs will be iron / steel of some type..its just the pad composition that changes...

Its just a later version in line with many other OE vendors sucj as Textar with their epad

So cold weather / initial bite performance matches OE standards ie R90 compliance

https://www.ate-brakes.com/products/dis ... rake-pads/ refers :thumbsup:
Good to get a sensible clarification. :thumbsup:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup: