Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

NO LONGER WANTED OEM Aero Side Skirts

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
Barty

OEM Aero Side Skirts

Post by Barty » Wed May 18, 2022 11:58 am

BTZ461 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:30 pm The skyer product is exactly the same as the rare and costly when available USED oe item, plus it come with all the clips etc too. $US657 plus a bit of freight seems very good value for money. I know what I would prefer :)
You say that, but actually there’s a few snags with the Skyer’s:

- They don’t fit properly (seen pics from 3 cars with issues now). The clips don’t line up with the mounting points and there’s a massive gap between the body and skirt;
- Don’t ship to Europe (even though they’re made in Korea so might as well set off west instead of east).

Looked into the Skyer skirts as a serious contender, but ultimately a set of OE skirts will always fit best. Add to that the shipping costs (if they actually would ship) as well as import duties and VAT, and suddenly the price isn’t nearly as competitive. When patient enough, you should be able to pick up a set used for roughly the same price.
Four Alfa's and a Ducati later, I've turned to the dark side...
"Drive German, wear Italian, kiss French"

Z4: Tiefgrüen Metallic E86 3.0Si / Insta @bartsbuilds

jock156

OEM Aero Side Skirts

Post by jock156 » Wed May 18, 2022 5:01 pm

Agreed!

Cheers Barty for the heads up on quality :thumbsup:

Attilio

OEM Aero Side Skirts

Post by Attilio » Mon May 23, 2022 4:26 pm

nick_l wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:19 am
srhutch wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:58 am I assume you have a kidney to sell?
Just one? Have they gone down in price? :rofl:
:rofl: :thumbsup:
Z4M Coupe, Interlagos blue, black leather, piano black, stubby, OEM CSLs, evolve intake, cup holders...pretty much stock
2019 Toyota Corolla hybrid 2.0L - new daily drive

Attilio

OEM Aero Side Skirts

Post by Attilio » Mon May 23, 2022 4:34 pm

Probocop wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:49 am
jock156 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 6:56 am Skyer have a flash sale on at the moment! :thumbsup:
They don't seem to actually ship to the UK?

Screenshot 2022-05-04 104927.png
Barty wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:58 am
BTZ461 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:30 pm The skyer product is exactly the same as the rare and costly when available USED oe item, plus it come with all the clips etc too. $US657 plus a bit of freight seems very good value for money. I know what I would prefer :)
You say that, but actually there’s a few snags with the Skyer’s:

- They don’t fit properly (seen pics from 3 cars with issues now). The clips don’t line up with the mounting points and there’s a massive gap between the body and skirt;
- Don’t ship to Europe (even though they’re made in Korea so might as well set off west instead of east).

Looked into the Skyer skirts as a serious contender, but ultimately a set of OE skirts will always fit best. Add to that the shipping costs (if they actually would ship) as well as import duties and VAT, and suddenly the price isn’t nearly as competitive. When patient enough, you should be able to pick up a set used for roughly the same price.
Sadly, I have to confirm these issues also emerged when trying to fit my set of Skyer aero skirts: strangely the river side (right side) fitted very well but it left a very big gap with the body / sill of the car. The left side did't line up with the door panel... and this was not a DYI job but the outcome after several attempts by a professional body shop. What a pity.

At this stage I am not even sure I want to venture on the search for OEM ones as a UK location makes it impractical (import duty to Ireland where I live) and shipping plus spraying will make them very expensive for what is only a cosmetic mod.

Maybe another day...
Z4M Coupe, Interlagos blue, black leather, piano black, stubby, OEM CSLs, evolve intake, cup holders...pretty much stock
2019 Toyota Corolla hybrid 2.0L - new daily drive

RvsBmw

OEM Aero Side Skirts

Post by RvsBmw » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:51 pm

Sold 5 kidneys to get a set! No longer wanted anymore :).
Current: BMW Z4M Coupe '07 (one-off) | Midnight Blue Metallic | Syrah Blue Leather | OEM CSL's | Aero's
Gone: BMW Z4M Coupe '08 | Sapphire Black | Bicolour Silverstone Anthrazit | OEM CSL's | Aero's

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

OEM Aero Side Skirts

Post by tomscott » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:09 pm

Does anyone know if you can buy the seals and clips? I have a set but need them repainting so need some new seals I think.

RvsBmw

OEM Aero Side Skirts

Post by RvsBmw » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:11 pm

tomscott wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:09 pm Does anyone know if you can buy the seals and clips? I have a set but need them repainting so need some new seals I think.
Yes, i bought all parts new from the dealer. It is available.
Current: BMW Z4M Coupe '07 (one-off) | Midnight Blue Metallic | Syrah Blue Leather | OEM CSL's | Aero's
Gone: BMW Z4M Coupe '08 | Sapphire Black | Bicolour Silverstone Anthrazit | OEM CSL's | Aero's

-Tom-

OEM Aero Side Skirts

Post by -Tom- » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:22 pm

tomscott wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:09 pm Does anyone know if you can buy the seals and clips? I have a set but need them repainting so need some new seals I think.

I doubt it. You'd be best off giving them to me, if they're in silver grey :P
-Z4 M Coupe, Silver Grey, Imola Red Nappa, carbon leather, CSLs, SuperSprint Race, Track Mode Enabled
-Tesla M3 LR

Previous - 3.0 si sport roadster, Silver Grey with Oregon Pearl Grey leather, Piano black, EIbach Pro, Stubby

m_m4y

OEM Aero Side Skirts

Post by m_m4y » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:38 am

:D