Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Turtlewax Ceramic again

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Turtlewax Ceramic again

Post by TitanTim » Sun May 22, 2022 3:19 pm

Hi all

I know some members on here have been trying the Turtlewax ceramic coating with good results so thought I would give it a whirl.

I did the Hyundai Kona last weekend which has a pearlescent paint finish and started with the bonnet and wings. Weather was cool and intermittent sunny. I followed the 2 sprays per panel instructions but have to say I really struggled with it. Found it right pain to buff off to a shine, it just seem to leave a greasy coating that was hard to remove :( I had to keep going over it time again until I was happy and get some sort of a decent shine. What am I'm doing wrong? Am I missing something.

I did the M140i this morning with Greased Lightening waterless wax, love using it as its so easy to apply and remove, car was clean before using it and it always gives decent results. Just disappointed in the Turtlewax.

Tim.

True-Blue
Lifer
Lifer

Turtlewax Ceramic again

Post by True-Blue » Sun May 22, 2022 3:51 pm

Don’t know about the Turtlewax ceramic, but I tried the Turtlewax Flex wax Graphene product (in a moment of weakness) and I don’t like it al all.

That leaves a greasy finish too when you put on the base coat, maybe it’s better with the ‘spray on pressure wash off’ approach but I wont’t be using it again… have nearly a full bottle sat on the shelf :headbang:
Alpina Roadster S Lux no. 204 (1 of 15 uk cars in Alpina Blue)

Previous Z4’s :E89 30i, E89 20i, E85 3.0Si (X4) E85 3.0i, E86 3.0 Si, E85 2.5si, E85 2.5i

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Turtlewax Ceramic again

Post by TitanTim » Sun May 22, 2022 4:01 pm

True-Blue wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 3:51 pm Don’t know about the Turtlewax ceramic, but I tried the Turtlewax Flex wax Graphene product (in a moment of weakness) and I don’t like it al all.

That leaves a greasy finish too when you put on the base coat, maybe it’s better with the ‘spray on pressure wash off’ approach but I wont’t be using it again… have nearly a full bottle sat on the shelf :headbang:
I might try the Turtlewax ceramic wet wax and shine next and see if that's any better but no the spray only wax was disappointing :(

Tim.

Southwestz4

Turtlewax Ceramic again

Post by Southwestz4 » Sun May 22, 2022 4:34 pm

I use the Turtlewax ceramic wash and after wash spray on my sterling grey e85 and our black x5 ...always looks good afterwards and beads up nicely when wet :thumbsup:
2004 z4 3.0i Sterling silver
x5 40d m sport black sapphire metallic
Transit custom

Southwestz4

Turtlewax Ceramic again

Post by Southwestz4 » Sun May 22, 2022 4:40 pm

Southwestz4 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:34 pm I use the Turtlewax ceramic wash and after wash spray on my sterling grey e85 and our black x5 ...always looks good afterwards and beads up nicely when wet :thumbsup:
Update ...I use the ceramic spray that you put on when the car is wet after washing ...2.sprays per panel then wipe dry with a meguiars soft drying towel
2004 z4 3.0i Sterling silver
x5 40d m sport black sapphire metallic
Transit custom