Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Air con, heater, heated seats not working

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:22 pm

Nermin wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:09 pm Hello all, after installing the new Android unit in my 2009 Z4 2.0 i, the aircon, heated seats and roof stopped working.
Or, to put it shortly, both clusters of switches for climate and the seats with roof stopped working. I thought it was the fuse 77 as described in this post but after replacing it, it still doesnt work. Any ideas, like which other fuse to replace?
Thanks in advance. My car is now with the roof down and its winter time, it's in the buidlings garage so its partially safe but needs to be fixed to be parked and used normally.
You’ll have to work your way through this..

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e89- ... zd/q-A4010

Those are the power circuits...but sounds like you disconnected some canbus wiring / knackered it to wipe out several systems..

Nermin

Post by Nermin » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:49 am

Thank you for the reply. I managed to get it working simply by uninstalling everything and installing it back again. Seems that some of the cables were not attached properly although they were connected.

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:19 pm

Nermin wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:49 am Thank you for the reply. I managed to get it working simply by uninstalling everything and installing it back again. Seems that some of the cables were not attached properly although they were connected.
Its always strange how these systems don't work when they are not plugged in... :rofl:

NewToZ4

Post by NewToZ4 » Mon May 31, 2021 4:15 pm

Pbondar wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:19 pm
Nermin wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:49 am Thank you for the reply. I managed to get it working simply by uninstalling everything and installing it back again. Seems that some of the cables were not attached properly although they were connected.
Its always strange how these systems don't work when they are not plugged in... :rofl:
speaking of such I have an oddly vague question. So, before purchasing my car, it sat under a tree, and animals nested behind the button panel for the heated seats. Subsequently, they dont work. Specifically, when I press the button the lights turn on and the car recognizes that I am pressing the button but they turn off immidiately and dont work. where would i specifically check for chewed or unplugged wires in that case? i have taken out said panel and all the wires seem to be plugged in and in tact, but still no heated seats. Any Help would be greatly appreciated!

Rislar

Post by Rislar » Tue May 17, 2022 5:18 pm

Saved me this, I was adding airplay and shorted the light under the glove box, thanks :D
MY 09 E49 35I